what should i do about engine?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: what should i do about engine?

YAY, i got the enginge out and it was really heavy
    now i just have to get the clutch off

i still cant get the clutch off and i've used gasket remover and it's just sitting in there bubbling away

You're gonna need a puller.
    It's all just nuts and bolts.

how much is a puller big enough?

Hi:
    Those are snowmobile clutches, so if your on a real budget, you could try a local sled shop and they should be able to yank it off for you for a nominal fee (if they're not buisy, possibly free) Otherwise you need to get a clutch puller, if you try to do it without the propper tools, you can easily break the clutch, it's aluminum.
    Attex 295 Wild Wolf: My Runner
    Attex 252? Colt? Racer 80%: My Racer to be..... SOMEDAY
    Attex Super Chief - Sold.

hmm, looks like you got it off, good job.

i got the engine off but not the clutch
    if you look close you can see the case
    sorry for the crappy pics

oh, I guess I should of looked closer. I thought it was on a bench.

I didnt want to say anything because you can crack it easy. But, I have got them off before by putting something like a heavy peice of thin steel or ??? in between the clutch and engine on both sides. Closer to crankshaft the better. LIke it should touch the crank. Then set something up for the engine to hang by them(steel things). So the weight of the engine is held up by the clutch. Now put a bolt in the threads of the crank a long ways and make sure its a bolt you dont want anymore and hit it. This has always worked for me but you have to be real careful about ruinning the clutch. Also when it goes the engine will drop so if you want your engine becareful. I didnt want to say anything because it is a hillbilly method and you should just get a pulley or as 6x6 said maybe take it somewhere.

Some clutches have thread in the inside of the bore. That is for a special puller that threads into the bore and then has a threaded bolt the pushes on the crank.

Also maybe you can make a puller held on by those three bolts. A piece of metal with the 3 bolt holes and then in the middle have a fine threaded nut weld to it. Then thread the bolt in on the crank. Carefull not ruin crank. Id put a junk socket or something in the bore backward to protect the crank. That should pull the clutch off.

How ever you do it, good luck
    Larry

hmmm, i guess i'll try to some up with something

+ Reply to Thread