New water tire from Interco-made for skid steer machines

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: New water tire from Interco-made for skid steer machines

Dirty Harry

I've installed the ASX tires that I had on Recreative's K-rims on my Hustler 980 , Max IV ,and also on a 2008 ,Argo Frontier , and the bolt pattern was exactly the same. I called Adair Argo and talked to Tim about the Interco Aqua-Torque tires.

Obsessed, have you put these tires on an Avenger yet? The rear tires sit high in the water on the Avenger so that might increase the tire's water speed. It looks like the Aqua Torque just might be good enough in water to allow us to use it as a heavy duty mudder.
    Everybody dies, but not everybody lives.

Hi MaxRules...i havent had a used avenger or hdi to run them on yet, but I have tried them on a new 8x8 frontier which has the same lower frame and tub as the other new argo 8x8's but lighter weight and a different center of balance...it work well enough to get you across the pond, but not as fast as you might like....we are most impressed with these tires on lighter weight 6x6's with shorter wheelbases...and with a few modifications to the tire, they become pretty impressive on those machines... Turning on a new 8x8 is exceptional with these tires, and the feeling of super durable is really comforting as well... We need to get a set on a max4 to evaluate as I think that it might be pretty impressive also...mudbug3 has plans to do that and give us his review...

We need to get together and go ride soon!

Weight of our machines has me looking for specs. As best I can tell my old Hustler probably weights around 600lbs according to what I've read. Looks like a MaxIV would be 800 and an Argo 650HD about 900. Do these numbers seem reasonable at all. I can't imagine the old Hustler 980 being much lighter than a MaxIV and I have no experience with the Argo. If I'm that light, I'd really like to see what a set of these tires would do on a Hustler.

Cclingma..your probably pretty close...older machines with lightweight aluminum 2stroke engines, light weight small drive chains, and and most likely other lighter weight components added up to big weight savings....newer machines have generally gotten heavier built in places where they needed it and the end result is that many of the best built machines are the heaviest and least amphibious....that said, the new aquatorque would most likely swim pretty well on your ride ..stay posted, cause several of our friends down south will be giving us all factual feedback on different machines soon

Imagine if Interco made the Aqua tire in a 14'' inch size like the now discontinued Interco ASX tire that is about 14" inches wide at 2 psi. This would also displace more water and make the tub float higher, hense increasing water speed. If you could also buy a 9 inch rim 12 " inches wide too, think better ride and lower psi in the mud. With a 14" inch foot print this would make climbing out of rutts made by atv's even easier. Some thing to think about huh?
    Last edited by mudbug3; 09-04-2011 at 01:34 PM.

I,m sure that Interco is now aware of the large volume of amphibs that now need a tire that muds and swims well too. Recreatives is now feeling uneasy I'm sure because the good year terra and the good year rawhide tires will no longer be produced.
    Last edited by mudbug3; 09-04-2011 at 01:59 PM.

How do these tires work out of water ie mud and hard trails?
    2002 Argo 8x8 Conquest with tracks,custom front bumper,winch,spotters,homemade windshield,and toolbox. SOLD
    2012 Argo 8x8 Avenger HDI. 3500#warn, Adair Argo cover

Do you think the weight of these tires would be an issue at 37lbs a piece?
    2002 Argo 8x8 Conquest with tracks,custom front bumper,winch,spotters,homemade windshield,and toolbox. SOLD
    2012 Argo 8x8 Avenger HDI. 3500#warn, Adair Argo cover

Quote Originally Posted by ANDY View Post
    Do you think the weight of these tires would be an issue at 37lbs a piece?
    It'll take more HP to turn them. But at the prices I've seen....why not buy the Argo tires?

+ Reply to Thread