Attex Springer

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 49 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Attex Springer

when you are ready to take orders for the max II kit let me know ive been dieing to put this 600 polaris tripple in something cool like that!

Reference springs

Whipper, I have got to have a set of these for my max. I think its time you went into the suspension business! I want a set! How much and how soon can I get them. Take this over to the folks at Recreative Industires and get a contract to start producing them as an option on there machines. This really is a must have here. The extra ground clearance provided here will make my MaxIV unstoppable, The Ability to hit stuff at speed will make a 6x6 unsurpassed. E-mail me with a price. (consider a patent)
    Last edited by mightymaxIV; 08-19-2007 at 11:48 AM.

This opens up a whole new adventure for the 6x6 world!!!!!

You wouldn't need take tracks

Quote Originally Posted by micmac View Post
    Whipper I would like to say that if this system works it will revolutionize the AATV industry. It has been my contention that this is what these machines need for mass appeal (Max and Argo you guys listening?). Think of the traction that you'd have as the machine suspension articulated over the terrain. I hope the all the R&D works well and your able to produce a kit for the max IV soon! (sign me up for the group buy!)

I wonder how this would work with a track kit. Would the suspension take the forces associated with track? Would the up down movement of the suspension cause a larger distance between the front and rear wheels stretching the track. Or would the track limit the suspension? I really don't plan on running tracks but I know a lot of people would be interested on how these two mods would interact.

I'm sooo jealous of you guys with these machine shops at your disposal!

anxiously awaiting testing videos

Mike
    With this system and big tires you wouldn't need the tracks. With that additional ground clearance and aggressive tires my max would be unstoppabe. By keeping all tires tires on the ground I could fly over rocks and logs without losing traction. I am guessing a 60% increase in off road ability. That is scary cuz I can already go anywhere! I can only see one draw back here and that is additional drag in water from the lower a arms.

That is VERY cool, looking forward to seeing the test footage.

OK, where is the report? Whipper, Bridget, anybody? I see that you have been on today but we don't have an update yet? The suspense is killing me!

Come on guys. At least let us know if it is in one piece?

http://AATV 8-17-07 001 a.JPG

Well I know whipper will be posting video later. This was taken at 6:00am this morning before the ride. All I can say is, just wait till you see the video! This new suspension system is like buying a big screen TV, you hate to spend the money, but when you do, your glad you did, and realize there is no going back to a conventional size TV ever again.

If you ever imagined one of these AATV's ridding on the moon, I think this is the closest you can get without leaving planet Earth. This thing soaked up deep ruts with no problem. I see many more of these kits in the future, at least on whippers fleet anyway.

Thanks for inviting me whipper.
    LR
    Attached Images

Ahhh….the suspense (pun intended) is agonizing!
    Banned

why do I get the feeling that the next video posted on this thread will make all other AATV videos seem like we're riding with training wheels on!!

can you say quantum leap and paradigm shift rolled into one!

Whipper where are you the suspense is killing me!!!!

Last edited by whipper-ag; 07-10-2016 at 11:58 AM.

+ Reply to Thread