Attex 4 Stroke Green Machine Restoration

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Attex 4 Stroke Green Machine Restoration

Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    You either need to put that G50B in your Green Machine or sell it to me!
    ...thus sayeth the man with 4 (5?, 6?) spare G50Bs on the shelf. Hmph!

Quote Originally Posted by hydromike View Post

Ive called Horders and they are interested in all of us.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

Quote Originally Posted by amphibious drew View Post
    haha..my neighbor said he was gonna call "American Pickers" on me..czu i always got something odd and old that no one else has around here. hahaha
    I have officially caught the 6-wheel-sickness!!

"If your gonna be dumb, you better be Tough!"

"I have done so much, with so little, for so long, that I'm now capable of doing practically anything with virtually nothing...."

BUY AMERICAN..or...BYE AMERICA!!!

You can fit a dozen G50Bs in the space that one Superchief takes. All that space became available when you took that SC body off my hands.
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by amphibious drew View Post
    Right?! It's odd, because looking at my living quarters, you'd expect me to be a normal dude. One look in the top of the barn, or the garage, or the top of that barn over there, or the shed over there, or behind that lean-to over there, and Dr. Robin Zasio would be on my case in a heartbeat.

If I remember correctly, Don had an exchange with a family member a few years back. I beleive it went something like:

<Family member:> How many machines do you actually need?
    <Don:> All of them.

Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    You can fit a dozen G50Bs in the space that one Superchief takes.
    ...and you can fit a dozen Superchiefs in the space that was once called "lawn".

.and you can fit a dozen Superchiefs in the space that was once called "lawn".
    amen!! Less mowing in the long run!! lol
    I have officially caught the 6-wheel-sickness!!

"If your gonna be dumb, you better be Tough!"

"I have done so much, with so little, for so long, that I'm now capable of doing practically anything with virtually nothing...."

BUY AMERICAN..or...BYE AMERICA!!!

<Family member:> How many machines do you actually need?
    <Don:> All of them.
    .....and I still do.
    Stuck in the seventies- not in the swamp.

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

lol, All you guys crack me up. The wife is wondering what Im laughing about.

I would say go 4 stoke unless you can edit the title of this thread, lol. Just kidding!

Actually it sounds like the 2 stroke will work good. You already have everything for it and will go in easier. Its hard to get the stinky loud unreliable 2 stroke stereotype out of our heads but I dont think anybody runs the oil 20:1 anymore. I say stick the 2 stroke in it.

2 stroke it is, guys! Thanks for the ideas and advice. I'm currently getting the G50B Chaparral freshened up and ready to go. I'll keep everyone updated on the progress.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

I already had a 6 chain Attex frame all set up for the 4 stroke V Twin that I was going to use, and since I decided against using that engine, I chose to go with a 4 chain frame, as is the one in a stock Superchief. This put me back to square one with the project, but it wasn't too big of an issue since I picked up a pretty decent Attex 295 Wild Wolf roller without a engine and transmission for next to nothing over the summer. The frame in it was absolutely beautiful without any structural flaws. I got it all apart in about 2 hours.....amazing! I couldn't believe how easily all of the axles slid out from the sprocket tubes........I wish they all came apart like this! I had the frame sandblasted last week, and today it, and some other parts for the project got a fresh coat of paint. Next weekend it'll be getting reinforced and prepped for the 1.25" splined Max axles.

The donor Wild Wolf of the 4 chain frame:

And the progress on the frame:

"Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

+ Reply to Thread