Amphibious Kettenkrad

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Amphibious Kettenkrad

Differential steering like a tractor, nice! Rekon maybe having full tracks instead of half tracks would help you climb out better? You should put Adair tracks on it!
    1983 Hustler 945-HK 627cc Vanguard
    1982 GMC K-10 Sierra Classic Suburban 6.2 Diesel
    2010 Chevy Silverado 1500
    1974 Honda ATC 70
    1986 Honda ATC 250ES Big Red

There is no Z in Diesel!!

Quote Originally Posted by Stonewall View Post
    Differential steering like a tractor, nice! Rekon maybe having full tracks instead of half tracks would help you climb out better? You should put Adair tracks on it!
    Yes, it sure is fun to drive. Indeed full tracks would definately do it, I have designed my own version of Tim's "Adair Tracks" and plan on fabricating them when the Kettenkrad testing is complete. My version will be "all terrain" giving traction on hard surfaces like rocks, roots, ice etc. Also they will be almost impossible to walk out of, and will have an adjustment for any track stretch. But best of all they will swim!

BW6

Your machine really has some low end torque to be able to drive up a steep hill that slow.

When I first started watching the video, I was expecting a wide open, full speed attack of that hill. It looks like it rides really smooth.

Quote Originally Posted by mudbug3 View Post
    BW6

Your machine really has some low end torque to be able to drive up a steep hill that slow.
    Mudbug3, Yes I was really surprised to find out that it seems to perform well at both ends, low end torque, and high speed. On the GPS it hit 35 mph. before I ran out of room.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    When I first started watching the video, I was expecting a wide open, full speed attack of that hill. It looks like it rides really smooth.
    Hi Mike, I really didn't want to try that hill without a run but Cam talked me into it. Was worried about the front coming up, but it hardly moved. Another thing that surprised me is how smooth it takes the bumps. It seems the combination of the front forks and the tracks make for an "ATV" type ride.

That video was excellent. Is there no end to your madness? Good job, BW6

Bridget

Quote Originally Posted by Model Citizen View Post
    That video was excellent. Is there no end to your madness? Good job, BW6

Bridget
    Thanks MC, I hope not, haven't even worked up a sweat yet! Wait until you see "The Final Solution", then I will be commited.

Quote Originally Posted by Bw6 View Post
    Wait until you see "The Final Solution", then I will be commited.
    Commited to IT or ready to be commited by the time it's done? Probably a little of both, huh?

Bridget

cool stuff ray.a real work of art.gonna have to take a peak in you evil genious lair one day and see whats next.

+ Reply to Thread