New Type of Tracks - Chanel Tracks

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 58 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast

Thread: New Type of Tracks - Chanel Tracks

Quote Originally Posted by trevorakm1 View Post
    I'm not knocking this track system or anyone but the inside of the track looks very close to the tub and may cause a proble over time, I would add an extension to be safe. The metal grouser end especially if there is some twisting of the track coul do some real wear. When I first mounted my argo supertracks with extensions I noticed I still had a couple of inches clearance and wondered why use such big extensions? I was thinking of getting some from Adair at a smaller size and it was Tim that pointed out the possibility of track twisting and rubbing the tub. I am always concerned with overall width as my shed is narrow and my trailer also. I'm sure Tune sees the same and I just wanted to note and not knocking anything.
    Hi!
    You're right they are just over 1/4" and that's very close. Mr. Patenteux advised me of this but i wanted to do my own testing and didn't want spacers.(That's why i got them made at 17") I have approx. 3/8" threads left on the wheel studs and will eventually add a 3/8" spacer (giving me 1/2"+ or so) behind the wheel if too much rubbing occurs...will this be enough? Time will tell. Thanks

holy smokes....rubber belting is tough and will wear right through your plastic tub pretty fast.

Please play it safe and put on some spacers before you run the track. I'll think you'll have problems when you start going over very uneven terrain. I have 2" inside clearance on both of my escargo sets. I personally wouldn't go any closer than maybe 1.5"

Tracks look good though! congratulations.

Please don't rub a hole in your nice machine. I'm getting nervous on your behalf

Iam with Buzz on this you need to space them suckers out,nice looking piece there but get some gap.NCT

Hey Buzz and NCT,
    Not in disagreement here but after the last hour of running in snow, climbing snow banks, going through alders,...not as much rubbing as expected, very little to say the least.Perhaps even only a 3/8" spacer as i previously commented on will work out. Now i wouldn't say that this would be ok in dirt/mud running as the traction increases tremendously and will make the track shift side to side a lot more <i suspect> . Will keep going at it and keep everyone interested posted! Thx guys!

We'd love to see some videos. I can tell you're having fun already.

Quote Originally Posted by Tune View Post
    Hey Buzz and NCT,
    Not in disagreement here but after the last hour of running in snow, climbing snow banks, going through alders,...not as much rubbing as expected, very little to say the least.Perhaps even only a 3/8" spacer as i previously commented on will work out. Now i wouldn't say that this would be ok in dirt/mud running as the traction increases tremendously and will make the track shift side to side a lot more <i suspect> . Will keep going at it and keep everyone interested posted! Thx guys!
    Yes, but, you won't hear a belted track rubbing until it is to late. Fixing an Argo tub is a lot harder then adding spacers.

Hey mightymaxIv!
    I'm not "listening" for wear but actually stopping and inspecting everything every 15-20 minutes of playing. I just got back from another hour of running, a fresh 20cm of snow today and still snowing. i will re-inspect everything tomorrow morning. I will probably end up with spacers like you're all predicting but right now i'm still not 100% convinced. :0) later

Quote Originally Posted by Tune View Post
    Hey mightymaxIv!
    I'm not "listening" for wear but actually stopping and inspecting everything every 15-20 minutes of playing. I just got back from another hour of running, a fresh 20cm of snow today and still snowing. i will re-inspect everything tomorrow morning. I will probably end up with spacers like you're all predicting but right now i'm still not 100% convinced. :0) later
    It certainly would be nice not to have to use them best of luck,in the meantime Iam very interested in there ability in snow I have spoke with Marcel and find him a very informed man alot of how they work out for you will determine my future track purchase and if they do not rub it will be proof of little deflection,that can lead to derailment that others are concerned with,have a ball report back when you can.NCT

Hi guys! Very little time to use these but played a bit more. Exactly 4.5 hours of runtime now, not that much snow here, 15-20 cm of fresh stuff at the most but a snow storm is in the works right now!!! I can tell you now that i will making my own wheel spacers but only about 1/4" thick as there is practically no rubbing. Just the one small spot on the left front skid plate...barely. I will be using a wheel spacer for cars which are under 10$ a piece and that's all i'll need for my application. BTW these things run through alders like a bat out of hell! Can't even compare these to plastic 13" Argo tracks i was using before. Havin' fun! Will keep posting as i put on more hours on these Chanel Tracks! Later

Short vid!

Last edited by Mike; 02-17-2013 at 08:38 PM. Reason: embedded video by using the filmstrip button

+ Reply to Thread