New members, introduce yourself here

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 611 of 722 FirstFirst ... 111 511 561 601 609 610 611 612 613 621 661 711 ... LastLast
Results 6,101 to 6,110 of 7214

Thread: New members, introduce yourself here

Hello, I have access to remote acreage in two counties in OH and also in Lee, ME. I would like to pull some firewood out of the one I own to make it pay for itself. There is no rush. I'll be looking at the ATV and 6X6 options for the next year. I like the amphibious option because it has fewer limits. I'd like opinions from anyone who has combined recreational 6x6 use with any small-scale logging or other work applications. Thanks

Hello forester, welcome to the forum. If you are looking for a new ATV, you will probably want an Argo or Mudd-Ox. I would lean towards an 8x8 since you will be using it for hauling a load. If you are looking for a used ATV, you can still look at Argo and Mudd-Ox but may also want to include ATVs like a KID 8x8.

Hi, I'm a relatively new AATV owner. Always wanted one as a kid, my 9 year old saw an Argo on "How its made" which gave me an excuse to get one. Bought a used 04 Bigfoot last year & had a blast with it, including a trip to Mines & Meadows with Leo's (found on Argo facebook). Only negative, this past weekend we got 12" of snow (rare occurrence in Southern VA) and Vanguard engine started acting up. Had a trickle charger on it & started right up, I also keep it in a heated garage. Stalled & wouldn't restart so I jumped it. Went riding and throttle felt to be stuck wide open. We made it back to the house but, the engine started running rough. Shut it down & wouldn't restart. Tried it the next day and started up but stalled. Now it won't turn over. Battery has been on the charger and the electric stuff will turn on. I used to work on cars & trucks when I was younger but haven't in years and have very little to no experience with these little engines. I'm thinking carb but any ideas would be great!

New owner of a Respnse

Greetings,
    I am a new owner of a lightly used 1996 Response.
    I purchased it primarily for plowing my steeeeep driveway, since my back surgery in June I could no longer muscle around my old ATV and the Argo seemed like the perfect solution.
    I had the dealer fabricate a "light bar" in case of a roll over and I'm looking for some suggestions for a rear LED work light bar so I can see when I'm backing down my driveway.

Thank you,
    GJS
    Attached Images

dave0370, welcome to the forum and congratulations on picking up your Bigfoot. Those are great machines. If the motor won't turn over then I would stick with the battery/starter as the main culprit. For running rough, that could very well be trash in the carburetor.

Greetings GJS, welcome to the forum. It looks like you have a very clean Response! That should work nicely for your driveway and let you have a little fun in the process as well.

Thank you Mike, I agree, once I get my carburetor situation sorted out, I believe this machine will do nicely.
    What thread would you suggest I post for a recommendation about rear facing LED work light bars?
    Also I see you have one Argo manual online, I found this link with manuals for many of the models, you may want to post the link or even better download the material and re-post it here. I would be happy to help.
    Regards,
    GJS

Greetings from Illinois

Well I just became the owner of what I believe to be an IMP Karoo. It's in pretty sad shape, been sitting out in the weeds for unknown years. There aren't any markings on it and the serial number tag is worn off, only thing on it is B236. The engine cover is gone and the Koehler engine is missing some parts.
    This was supposed to be a parts vehicle for another project but after getting it home the wife and I decided to try and repair it. Should be fun.
    Attached Images

Greetings Mechanicor, welcome to the forum and congratulations on picking up your Kadoo. I hope you have fun repairing it. That should be a fun project. Keep us updated on your progress.

Good morning to all. Just joining the forum. Thanks in advance for any information that I gain from the knowledge of other members.

Mike

Welcome to the site and when you get time fill in your profile so we all know where your at. It helps us help you with parts and such.

+ Reply to Thread