New members, introduce yourself here

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 635 of 722 FirstFirst ... 135 535 585 625 633 634 635 636 637 645 685 ... LastLast
Results 6,341 to 6,350 of 7214

Thread: New members, introduce yourself here

Hello every body.

I am from Finland. My English is not very good, specially when writing stuff.
    Anyway I have been reading this forum quite a while, becauce i have 80.s Argo 8x8 tb.
    And in the past summer we bought 2007 avenger efi. Now working on it to make good as new.

This good forum, very good and usefull information here. Have helped me much.
    Here in Finland there are not very many Argos or other aatv, so its very hard to find information here.

Mikko

Welcome Mikko, your English was just fine and maybe better than some over here. Good luck with the new efi as it should be a pleasure to run compared to the tb, while both are very capable the efi should make light work of what was involving in the tb.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

We are a family of off road junkies. I just dug out one of my childhood favorites, an amphicat. We are rebuilding it and welcome any advice or suggestions.
    We also have a Suzuki 70cc that we are trying to put life back into. I want my boys to experience the same thrills that I did as a child.

Hello all, I have been lurking in the background of this site since purchasing my 97 Argo Vanguard II about a year ago. I am currently in the process of an engine swap and repair.
    Thanks to everyone for the great advice and tips for those of us that are still learning our machines. I live in Eastern North Carolina, and while it doesn't snow here much, we have year round mud. I look forward to meeting some of you who travel to Busco Beach as that is one of the places I plan to take the Vanguard when it's ready

vanguard...it will be great having another new member at busco !! see you in april...... j.b.

Well hello everybody I have always wanted an Argo or similar. I finally was able to swing purchasing one and am happy to join this site. I have a little bit of input about swimming with tracks .I have the 18 inch plastic tracks with the metal snow cleats that extend them out wider. I tried to swim with them and it really can’t go anywhere I tried moving the tracks very slowly and fast neither really worked that well. Funny enough forward wanted to move me backward and visa versa, just at a snails pace. Luckily I had enough fore thought to bring a 2 x 4 as an oar just in case and I used the heck out of it to get back to Shore.The thing I noticed is the large cleats pull so much water over the track even at a slow speed that it is counterproductive to getting anywhere because the front of the track is pushing you backward as the bottom is trying to pull you forward. If the machine sat higher out of the water so just the bottom of the track could propel you I think it would do much better. Now I know that water crossings are not really possible with these tracks on unless I get a motor on the back. I will have to mount an electric motor on there because I really want to be able to use it in the winter time in the snow and still do water crossings because of the train near my house. That is the whole reason that I purchased this machine. I was a bit surprised to find I could not really go anywhere. I really only brought the 2 x 4 in case my engine should die.

Hi Rotorav8r....

Try reposting your question/issues under either the ARGO or TRACKS forums.
    When in the water the top of tracks should not be under water when at a stand still. If that is the case, I.E., top of tracks are underwater, you are loaded a bit heavy and should look at what the specs say for your machine. The specs should list a maximum gross weight in water. Your machine, with added tracks, is a bit heavier than the base machine. If there are other added options, I.E., roll bar, winch(es), etc that have been added, they, along with the passengers, must be included in the maximum gross weight in water. It sounds as if you may have exceeded it.

(Anyway,just curious....rotary engine or helo aviator?)

Well i joined a while back ago but have been really busy with work, recently got laid off so now i can work on my toys a bit, my name is Serge and I love Argos and mostly amphibious vehicles, I have a 2004 Argo Conquest 8x8 green that I would like to find some people around me and go for a ride or that know any good trails around me, I am from Sacramento, CA. I like to learn and work on the argos and maxs on my own, currently have several projects going
    2008 Argo Avenger 8x8 Camo that needs work got it as a project, the exhaust is off and something with the steering, 2004 Argo Conquest 8x8 Green this is my Runner nice and tight machine I love this thing, 2004 Argo Conquest 8x8 Camo has a whiny transmission noise and falls out of reverse if anyone knows what it could be and how i can repair it it will be much appreciated, 2000 Argo Conquest 8x8 Green got it as a project havent had the time to get to it, 2003 Argo Vanguard 6x6 Blue beautiful machine like new condition, but for some reason its not running right, 1998 Max IV 6x6 Brown project, 1996 Max IV 6x6 project or parts

Welcome to all of the new members.

mjgilbert here: I own a Max 2, live in central Maine and use it to get firewood from my lot. Looking forward to be a part of this forum.

+ Reply to Thread