New members, introduce yourself here

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 690 of 722 FirstFirst ... 190 590 640 680 688 689 690 691 692 700 ... LastLast
Results 6,891 to 6,900 of 7214

Thread: New members, introduce yourself here

Mike ,
    I am attempting to post on forum but I seem to have forgotten how.
    I have an Argo, 6x6, 1997 with B&S engine and "HU" transmission The engine need major work but I understand the transmission can not longer be repaired or replaced. Is this correct? If so this makes the ARGO no good. Has any considered a class action suit against ARGO?

Some transmission parts are still available in dealers stock.

Would you pose a class action suit against Ford Motor Co. for no longer supplying parts for a 1957 Ford Ranchero or 1973 Bronco?

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

What the easiest way to add pictures, I tried but no luck, thanks
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Bo H; 04-23-2020 at 09:34 PM.

New (to me) MAX II

New guy here. Found a 2002 Max II in good shape for under $2500. Not new, but not beat either. 16 HP Vanguard runs great. I went through and adjusted ALL jackshafts and chain tensions and hit them all with chain wax. Put a new Dayco drive belt on it (was quite a pain to change). Checked spacing on T20 linkage, looks good. Checked T20 fluid, good and clean, but removed 4 oz and replaced it with Lucas Transmission Fix (a limited slip additive). The only project remaining is to fabricate a mount for a Venom 3500 lb winch I already have.

I bought it because I have just under 53 acres of forestry property with a partner in New England. So far the machine has been a blast. I have been places on the property I wouldn't even think of with a quad. This thing is a TANK in the woods!

I took out over the past few days and it continues to amaze me. At one point I went between two logging roads across a section of woods that had a mix of just about everything - marshy area, side slope, some rocky area, and a lot of brush. This thing just bends brush under it and travels right over stuff up to 1 1/2" saplings. I just went slow and steady, I wasn't out to race anybody. I'm pretty sure a quad would have had trouble getting through the stuff I traveled through, and the machine did not even breath hard. And the bent over stuff just seemed to pop back up, so the footprint left is minimal.

This beast of a machine will be my primary method of getting around the property and will be great for getting in and setting up a ground blind deer stand this year. I will be able to get deeper in where I know the deer travel and won't have to worry about dragging anything out. I don't get around on foot as well as I did in my younger years - I'll be 65 in a couple weeks. While my mind tries to tell me I'm 25 forever, my body sure lets me know different.

It has Rawhide tires on it and they still have a fair bit of tread but will need replacement eventually. I have some cash coming from a part time gig project, so I'm thinking about tires. I may just end up with 22x11-8 Ocelot P308 tires. The pattern looks good for my use (90+ percent logging roads and hardwood forestry). As I said, water use is a VERY distant secondary consideration but there are a few places on the property where I might need to cross a brook where depth could prevent contact with the bottom for a brief time. I really don't have any intention to use this machine like a boat, and if I ever did I think I would just build a mount for an electric trolling motor or small outboard. I actually have an antique but good running British Seagull motor that would likely be perfect.

I think I'm just looking for a great all around 22x11-8 tire as this is probably the only set I'll ever have to buy for this machine.

So hello everybody! I finally got one of the machines I used to lust after when I saw ads in popular mechanics and the like in the late sixties - it only took me 50 years.

I just purchased my first 6x6 in January - a 2017 Argo Scout. My 1997 four wheeler blew a U joint before hunting season ended and I had to replace it in a hurry. Always wanted a 6x6 and found a used one in excellent condition. I love this thing! I know these are maintenance intensive but I enjoy tinkering with things - still change my oil in my vehicles. I have enjoyed this site and decided to join, hoping to learn more about my Argo. I have made a few adjustments, but the one I am struggling with is this thing pulls to the left. Hoping I can figure it out, but if I can't very soon I will take it to the local Argo dealer in Baton Rouge.

While I'm at it, I want to give a shout out to their mechanic Mark. He is very knowledgeable and extremely helpful. He has taken me in the shop and showed me how to do the maintenance items, gave me a part I needed, just a great guy willing to show me anything I need to know or do.

Looking for adventure!

Hello All! First post, bought a 2000 8x8 Argo Response last fall and I'm new to the amphib world. I'm in Anchorage, Alaska and have lots of fun plans for the Argo. This forum has provided lots of good newby info for me - thank you. I've been filming and posting much of my repairs and upgrades that I've done through the winter in a YouTube playlist. Hopefully I can follow the forum rules for posting, but please put me in line if I error. Thanks again, I look forward to continuing to get help, and contributing back where I can. Cheers!

Well, our family joined the 6x6 owners community yesterday. We purchased a 2008 Argo Frontier 650. 164 hours and seems to be incredibly well maintained. It has been garaged all its life and came with a large amount of “just in case” parts. I think we got a good deal at $3,500, but hard to tell in my area as there are very few 6’s for sale. Most run 8x8’s. Getting a little chain slap on the floorboard at about half throttle so I will spend some time in the “how to” section learning how to adjust and maintain this new member of the family.

I have 4 children and we spend a lot of time together working on things in the garage; motorcycles, snowmobiles (or as we call them up here in Alaska snowmachines), 4 wheelers, cars/trucks etc. Learning how to maintain this Argo is going to be a bit different, but a lot of fun. I don’t know anyone else who owns one, so I anticipate spending a bit of time here. We are already making plans to build our own tracks due to the price of pre-made tracks. Looking for a light inexpensive option for the guides right now. 6.00 ea x 100 seems a bit steep for the Argo guides, but I want something I can swim with occasionally if needed. My grandparents homesteaded near a community called Talkeetna back in the 50’s, and we are looking forward to using the Argo to access the cabin and haul supplies, and also use it for moose hunting, making trails to new areas and just exploring where our Yamaha Grizzly 700 wheelers can’t go. .

Anyway, I’ve been lurking and learning here for a few days. Thanks for all your posts and sharing what you know.

hello everyone, I have a complete max mark 4 1973 vintage. it was left in a yard for years uncovered. The engine runs but the carb is no good. The chains and bearings are rusted,(shot) This would be a good builder for someone that restores them. contact me at 909-744-4500 Andy it is located in southern California. I can palletize it for shipping. I am asking $1300.00 Email acostatrees@msn.com

Greetings Fellers,
    Last year I purchased a Big Max II, with a Kawasaki TA 440A and have had a lot of fun with it. I have been reading a lot of the posts about engines, clutches and trannies and am sure to have some questions for the more experienced aficionados. I like to think I am mechanically inclined as I have a few toys that I have worked/modified over the past few years since I retired from the USMC and a county job.
    I live in North western Wisconsin but travel quite a bit, when Covid-19 ain't around, to perform on the professional rodeo circuits as a clown and barrelman. I utilize all my toys as a form of entertainment for the rodeo spectators. I'm hoping to pick a few brains and provide my limited experience if it might help.
    Thanks for having me, Semper Fi!

New member, nice to meet everyone. Hope we can help each other

+ Reply to Thread