99 Conquest Chevy Sprint Engine Swap

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: 99 Conquest Chevy Sprint Engine Swap

Slim - is that a carbed engine? looks like the early version of the suzuki motor (999cc?).. sprint 88 and back.

It's a carbed engine and the guy that built it said it was a chevy sprint.

Slim

Thank you for the Video and your help !!

I can see it's a Polaris primary on the engine, any idea why ?
    2008 MAX-IV 500T 30hp Bandolero

How would u go about putting a clutch on the engine do u just weld it to the shaft and does make a difference if you use a 1.0 from an automatic tran car or a manual tran car?

P.S. I LOVE THIS WEB SITE!
    99 Argo Conquest.....ERIE icefishing machine

Cause it works I guess. I'm nor sure what size the shaft is either. I would think 1 1/8.

Slim

I would say to use the flywheel from a standard. You can then use the pilot hole that the transmission centres in to help hold the shaft straight. I would then have a machinist make the shaft to fit the pilot hole and make a bracket to bolt onto the flywheel and machine fit a 1 1/8 shaft the proper length to fit the clutch you are going to use. He can also machine the clutch from a 1 inch shaft to a 1 1/8 so it wil fit on the shaft bolted to the engine. The bigger shaft give considerably more strenth.

Slim

Aren't 1 1/8 clutches harder to find?

Quote Originally Posted by eightwheeler View Post
    Yes i think we need our own post sorry for hijack Slim, so i also found that the Suabaru Justy uses a 3cyl as well and is multiport injection so no need for the big MAP sensor and wire routing as well, might be even easier than the EFI sprint motor
    Stay away from the subaru Justy. It has an iron block. the swift engines are all aluminum. It is probably 30 lbs or more heavier. good idea though!

if somone has info about the swift to clutch adapter, can you post any information you have (how to build it, or where to buy one) over in the thread under engines please? thank you!

Nice video, that engine sure worked out well. I had a 1986 GEO Metro, it was my 2nd new car. I got mileage in the mid 50's, had decent highway cruise capability, but it was a dog in town. I knew the first time I raised the hood that someday the engines would find their way into ATVs. I had amphibs back then as well, but they were small units and I never thought about the Suzuki going into an amphib back then. The Geo Metro was a minimalist approach to getting decent economy back then. I have a VW JETTA TDI now, a few years from now when the car is past its prime I envision that motor going in my Future Project Vehicle.

+ Reply to Thread