2012 Mud Nationals, Jacksonville, TX; March 28-April 1st.

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: 2012 Mud Nationals, Jacksonville, TX; March 28-April 1st.

Outstanding videos everyone. I'll have to make it one of these years ! Don't think my track system would have fit between some of those trees. I'll need to rejet to go there too ! Glad fun was had by all.

David, the last video you posted with Noel drving your 650 HD was some of the worse mud I have ever seen, I still think the video video you shot at River run in the crazy eight was just as bad maybe even worse then the conditions at the mud nationals. However, excellent video taken of some pretty extreme mud conditions. Enjoyed the Argo Frontiers but missed seeing that MaxIV and that little Argo.

Great videos guys! My favorite one was while everyone took the high road and were jammed up you guys took the low road through the mud and slime. I just wounder how many were saying "i wish i had one of those"

Looks like fun for all and the machines made a great showing

Lewis

David, the second video you posted has been checked for private viewing, go to your You tube Page, find the video, check edit, then check the public box, then save the video as public so we can all watch it.

That was an awesome mud hole. I was driving David's machine to do a comparison between the old style Argo transmission and the Admiral in the newer machine. The Admiral performs much better in the thick mud, and really makes me think its an automobile with power steering, compared to my Argo w/manual steering. Dave has a cold air intake and free flowing exhaust too, so his 23hp feels like a 27hp.
    Just a side note, no four wheelers attempted this mud hole, we could see where some had bogged down on the approaches to this area and were pulled out and turned around. Only a tracked vehicle could attempt this obstacle and I don't think a machine equipped with ASX tires would have made it through this mortar like mud.

Noel Woods

I liked the lower gearing of your older style Argo transmission, but like you posted , the new style Admiral transmission feels like you're driving with power steering in comparrison.
    Last edited by mudbug3; 04-25-2012 at 04:32 PM.

In this first video you'll notice an Argo 8x8 with plastic tracks parked in between all of the atv's. He broke one of the aluminum bearing carriers and was only running three wheels on one side of the tub.

There were broken down 4- wheelers and side by sides every where we went.

There were lots of people on atv's and in side by side's taking video's of our machines and also checking them out each time we stopped by them. When the video counter reaches 1:19 you'll see our three amphib's on the right hand side as the side by side driver passes us and waves.

In this third video you'll see some guy throw a fish he found or caught into the Argo 8x8 tub and then listen to the girls start screaming to get it out!

This last video's shows how many people showed up to watch the endurance race. I was told over 12,000 people were at the mud nationals this year. We got to this event at around 9:30 am that morning . Because it was so crowded on one side, our amphib group then drove across to the opposite side by the tree line. After about an hour no more atv had entered the contest and our amphib then drove right down the middle of the mud pit with every one watching up. Talk about exposure!

Last edited by mudbug3; 05-07-2012 at 09:27 AM.

Great movies Dave! Excellent, Excellent.

Did you notice the 8 wheeler had only 7 wheels and was still carrying and pulling? Hope you got video of you guys running through the pit. Thanks for sharing guys!!!!

Lewis

Interesting to note...of all the extreme 4x4's that entered the mud race, only two machines were even able to finish...meaning any AATV that would have entered and finished would have taken 3rd in a national event like this...just something for all of you with a little racing blood to think about for next year... :-)

Quote Originally Posted by lewis View Post
    Great movies Dave! Excellent, Excellent.

Did you notice the 8 wheeler had only 7 wheels and was still carrying and pulling? Hope you got video of you guys running through the pit. Thanks for sharing guys!!!!

Lewis

Glad that you enjoyed these video's Lewis. Yes, I did notice the guy in the 8x8 with 3 wheels on one side and plastic tracks. I talked to him but he was'nt interested in riding with us or even swapping phone numbers for an amphib group ride. It was no challenge for our machines driving down the mud pit , so all I did was shoot some video of the hundreds of people shooting video and taking pictures of us while we were driving down the mud lane and away from the crowd.

+ Reply to Thread