My first Argo configuration advice and questions.

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread: My first Argo configuration advice and questions.

Here it is, almost 3:00 AM, and I am so excited about my future Argo, I can't sleep. The thousands of videos just don't do it justice. As Bob Barrows drove it around obstacles, and up the hill, I really became aware of the potential of this machine. When I felt the response of the throttle, and the turning capacity, I knew that a life long dream was worth all the time it took to achieve it. I cannot wait until mine is configured and delivered.

Steve

we are all excited !! i remember the first drive of my brand new max 2. had never ridden in one. and after having 2 or so old used machines that sputtered and banged around, that first ride just across the lawn was like riding in a rolls royce !!!! have fun and post pictures....johnboy va.

Quote Originally Posted by scimanstev View Post
    This is the Argo I rode in, and drove today! It was awesome!

Steve
    Is there any way to get in touch with these folks. I may be interested in purchasing this machine if its for sale.

The business phone# is 802-484-5926. IN fact, here is the information I got directly from Argo.

Barrows ATV
    1328 Route 44
    P.O. Box 694
    Brownsville VT 05037
    Phone: 802-484-5926
    Email: BarrowsATVs@aol.com

He is extremely helpful and knowledgeable. It was a pleasure to meet him and his wife. He may be a small dealer, but his knowledge is immense!
    I highly recommend him!

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by scimanstev View Post
    Here it is, almost 3:00 AM, and I am so excited about my future Argo, I can't sleep. The thousands of videos just don't do it justice. As Bob Barrows drove it around obstacles, and up the hill, I really became aware of the potential of this machine. When I felt the response of the throttle, and the turning capacity, I knew that a life long dream was worth all the time it took to achieve it. I cannot wait until mine is configured and delivered.

Steve
    Lol...I hope you can get some sleep between now and Oct 1st!
    With the cooler weather today I went up in my woods and finished cutting my Argo loop trail...it's not very long (maybe a half mile total) but long enough to get my Argo fix when I want one!

I am so happy I have a 5 acre lawn. It may not be challenging, but it will certainly get a workout when my machine arrives. I can picture myself coming home from work, and spending hours just riding in the back yard, regardless of weather. I have one area that I have occasionally gotten my lawn tractor stuck in, and even though it is not even a tiny challenge for the Argo, I can't wait to drive through it.

Steve

The suspension seats are alright and really adjustable, I had them on my 2016 700HD. Now with my 2013 and the bench seat I prefer it over the suspension seats for how I use my machine. You can fit a little one easier on the bench seat like I have and there really isn't too much difference in comfort honestly. The suspension seats kinda force you close to your passenger where as you can space out more on the bench. It's hard to get much suspension out of the seats the way the Argo rides, it kinda shakes through the whole frame when you hit bumps anyways. Not so much up and down as you think but they did work somewhat. What was nice about them was being able to slide the seat back more then the bench and higher up for when riding through tall willows in overgrown cutblocks when hunting for a better vantage point.

I have to take my wife to the eye doctor tomorrow to get the laser surgery done on her other eye. I wonder if the doctor can do something for me, as I have a bad case of Argoitis, and can't sleep.

Steve

You just get a good nights sleep. Wish I could. Let us night shifters take it from here. Hope your Argo is everything you anticipate.
    Last edited by tbone9; 08-07-2017 at 12:32 AM.
    What it lacks in ground clearance it makes up for with traction.

steve, have you found any other members near you or a few hours away ? what about atv parks or trails to put your new machine thru it's paces and get it good and muddy !! johnboy va.

+ Reply to Thread