New members, introduce yourself here

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 81 of 722 FirstFirst ... 31 71 79 80 81 82 83 91 131 181 581 ... LastLast

Thread: New members, introduce yourself here

Quote Originally Posted by Rederick View Post
    Hello Yáll.

I'm not up with all the lingo yet, but I'll try to keep up.

I am fairly mechanically inclined and have just bought a badly abused '79 argo. I just finished an almost complete rewire of the unit as well as replaceing the starter. It has what I believe to be a 17hp Tecumseh. I just replaced the throttle cable yesterday. The battery holder is rotted out so that is the next project as well as patching a large crack where some idiot thought it was a good idea to put on a hitch directly to the tub!!! This poor unit has seen more back yard mechanics than I can shake a stick at... Oh well one more can't hurt can it?

I will post some pictures today as I am bringing her on her maiden voyage today. Wish me luck!
    Hello Rederick
    Good luck with new ride

Hey mike its great to be here im from a small town located in cochrane ontario my name is sean and I own a 1984 argo magnum and also a 1986 terra jet i enjoy both machines and I AM always in the dirt thanks for havin me and i hope to meet and learn more about the amphiboius world thanks again sean

New guy

Hi everybody,

I just purchased a new 09 Argo Avenger and added a few accessories, so it is just a little different from stock. This is the first Argo I've ever purchased, so the machine is totally new to me. With that in mind, I thought it might be good to cruise these forums for ideas, advice, and some more advanced general knowledge from some experienced Argo owners. I'm looking forward to being part of the discussions at 6X6 world, and open to any advice that comes forward. Thanks in advance!

New Terra Tiger (2) owner

I just purchased two Terra Tigers but have never driven either or any for that matter. Doesn't look like there is much to them. I am more of an Allis Chalmers man than a 6x6 man, but I have a feeling that is going to change.

I will get one operational this summer. Once running, I will guage what kind of updates/upgrades I want to do to it. I bought the other as a "parts" vehicle, but may end up making a runner out of it too. Both are TT10's serial numbers 3163 and 1608 (hard to read) respectively.

I live near Milwaukee WI.
    Attached Images

Hey everyone just found the sight it's great. I am rebuilding a max2 I am shure to have some questions. thank's

superman79 , tgpiscoya , simpleton7016 , cwk

Welcome to the amphibious forum.

Love this web site We Collect AC TERRA TIGERS

Sorry for not posting here sooner. We use to be an Allis Chalmers dealers and sold about 30 Terra Tiger's before we quit selling AC in 1972. I had a blast with them when we were kids! I learned to work on them very quickly!:Hahira: Me and my brothers went through quite a few tires and a few bend axles playing with them. All ones we sold were green and gray models and mostly TT10's. Only sold 3-4 TT18s before we quit. We have a large collection of AC tractors, garden tractors, equipment and 6 terra tigers at this time. And we manufacturer, sell and customize 1/64th scale farm toys.

One of the TT10's we have is serial number 2888 I sold new to local farmer that used it to pump a few oil and gas wells and the farm. When he retired and was selling the farm, he sold it back too us! It had a pretty rough life! Lower body needs lots of work! Or swapped for a better one? We hope to get it restored this summer. After we get early model TT10 #1024 restored. Its completely disassembled down to bare body at this time. We also own 3 TT18's 2 real nice ones! One of them is serial # 5888 so its like a little brother to TT10 that ends in 888 and one for parts or make into a racer Earlier this week we brought a red and white TT10 that will need a lot of work, brought without wheels and tires and no engine. Body is faded but is good underneath! Haven't went after it yet! Nor told my wife we owe another terra tiger! I might be in the dog house We're also wanting to do a web site for just Terra Tigers and plan to offer parts and reproduce some items for them. Will also do repair & machine work for them. Looks like i wrote a book! But once i get started its hard to stop! Will keep you posted on them and be glad to help anyone on them.

Jeff AKA farmtoybuilder
    Last edited by farmtoybuilder; 05-06-2009 at 04:11 PM.

Welcome aboard all new member!

Great to have new people join the best 6x6 site on the net. Hope to hear from each and everyone on the site.

Lewis

Just wanted to say hi to everybody,Just got a hustler yesterday that I want to redo. Had a scrambler as a kid love it,but that was 30 or so years ago.I'm here in maryville TN.This place is great for info which I'll need.anyway have a good one.:

Cool Howdy

Welcome to the site. Lots of great folks here and tons of info. Put some pics up of your sled and keep us posted!!
    Still want a KID

+ Reply to Thread