New members, introduce yourself here

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 93 of 722 FirstFirst ... 43 83 91 92 93 94 95 103 143 193 593 ... LastLast

Thread: New members, introduce yourself here

Smile

Thanks for the kind words. I attended a few AATV riding events back when I first got my Max. I loaded it up and went with my young cousin to the Humphrey, NY ride a couple of times. (Do they still have it?) There was a Max dealer here in Michigan who hosted a weekend ride held on a very nice private ranch in Mio, MI that we also attended. It was a lot of fun and there were tons of really good people I met at all of the rides.

Don't know if I'll be doing any rides (or races) again though. I mainly just want to get it running so that I can get out into my woods and tinker a bit, and just putter around. My cousin was 13 at the time I bought the Max, and he really loved ripping around. He grew up, moved away and is married now with lots of LIFE to keep him busy and I am lucky just to talk to him a couple of times a year. However my best friend has a couple of kids that are now at the age where they'll be able to take the Max out, so it's as much for them now as for me. They loved their first ride on the Rokon yesterday morning, so I know they'll have a blast in the Max, too.

Hi Guys,

Just a quick note to introduce myself. I am based in tropical Nth Queensland, Australia. I recently bought a the only Super Swamp Fox in Australia and drove 1620 miles to bring her home. The Fox is not quite how it looks in the photo..[IMG]c:\temp\ozzie1c.jpg[/IMG]
    but it is not too bad. The hull is OK, the T-20 is OK and the 18HP Vanguard is OK. Chains & sprockets need work. Wiring will need replacing. Fuel tank needs replacing. Seat and engine shroud need re-manufacturing.

I feel very priviledged to own one of only 200 ever built. I hope to use it for gold prospecting and exploring in the Australian outback when it is rebuilt. I suspect I will be asking lots of questions on this site before it is running again.

Cheers.
    Tuflux
    Prospecting in Oz.

Tuflux ,

Welcome to the amphibious forum. The picture that you tried to post of your Super Swamp Fox did not show up? The Super Swamp Fox that you recently bought is a very rare find. Lots of luck in restoring it.

Another newby from Kansas

Well I'm back from a long hiatus. I owned a pair of Max IIs back in '77-'80. They were the ol' trusty 295 JLOs and I talked a buddy into one with the Kolher 440. We had a ball with these along the Missouri river banks of Iowa, So. Dak & Nebr. My first ride in a 6 wheeler was in a Terra Tiger way back in 1970. I suppose I've come back to my roots with the recent purchase of one of these old timers. It's not in to bad of shape. Needs the usual things fixed as it has sat for years. It has the JLO 295 that I'm already familiar with. She has good compression and runs with a gravity tank sitting on the hood. Needs a fuel tank and some chains replaced. I've got two of the five old school tires it came with to hold air so I'm in the market for some new shoes for her. Please steer me in the right direction as I understand these old one piece tires are longer available. I can't wait to put the ol' girl back into service! It's going to be a trip down memory lane.
    Last edited by Toyman; 07-01-2009 at 07:06 AM.
    Toyman's AATV Toys;

Max IV
    Project Muscateer (trans. rebuild)
    Previously owned AATVs; Terra Tiger, pair of MaxIIs and Attex 450 Tomahawk, Hustler

Quote Originally Posted by Tuflux View Post
    Hi Guys,

Just a quick note to introduce myself. I am based in tropical Nth Queensland, Australia. I recently bought a the only Super Swamp Fox in Australia and drove 1620 miles to bring her home. The Fox is not quite how it looks in the photo..[IMG]c:tempozzie1c.jpg[/IMG]
    but it is not too bad. The hull is OK, the T-20 is OK and the 18HP Vanguard is OK. Chains & sprockets need work. Wiring will need replacing. Fuel tank needs replacing. Seat and engine shroud need re-manufacturing.

I feel very priviledged to own one of only 200 ever built. I hope to use it for gold prospecting and exploring in the Australian outback when it is rebuilt. I suspect I will be asking lots of questions on this site before it is running again.

Cheers.
    That's the reason I got a Max II, I'm in Alaska.
    Australia has some really pretty gold, some day I'd like to go there just for a piece of that heaven's pavement.
    Success to your Fox restoration.
    From the farnorth, HP

western ny terra tigar owner

hi everybody im new to the site and glade to be, what a great site for info, i just got a 1970 terri tiger tt18 model in remarkable shape for the year, i live across from a swamp and thought id try a 6 wheeler out .ill be redoing some things .so ill be asking for help shortly.first thing is to get a manual on it.it runs and drives but needs attention looks like ther has been addons to it that werent thought out to well.

just wanted to say hello to all the community. I am new to this site and look foward to learning as much as i can about these great machines. I do not own an aatv but have actually been interested in them for 30 yrs or so . I will one day have the extra funds to finance another TOY for myself.I do own atvs just have really never been exposed to the 6x6 of any type. Not to many in the area where I am which is in middle georgia. But like i said , i am glad to be a part of this because i am gonna have one. Which aatv is the most reliable? I know this will vary with the different opinions . I have seen the Argo and Maxx advertisements for about as long as i can remember in the back of different kinds of magazines and have gotten the brochures and drooled over them for years. Well enough rambling for me now , so glad to have found this site , im sure it will be everything I think it will be. Again, thanks for having this site.

Hi,
    I am in South Africa. Not a big market for 6x6 vehicles, I own an Amphicat since 1978. It is still in a fairly good original condition. I am slowly rebuilding it now. There will be lots of question in future.
    Thanks.

Welcome to the site everyone! It's great to see so many new people here from all corners of the world. I look forward to seeing you all around the forums.

just got an 6wheel argo today, got it from a buddy but he didnt know anything about it, can any one help me determine what year it is. i live in AB, Canada, new guy to this site so help me out if u can. later

+ Reply to Thread