big max????

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: big max????

big max????

what is the difference between a big max and a normal i didnt know there was a difference

A kawasaki 440 2 stroke motor a roll bar,and a sticker that reads BIG MAXII.

Wow, hey MarshallEpp!!

What he said plus they are older and have balloon tires.

Last edited by whipper-ag; 07-13-2016 at 03:33 PM.

My Impression is that the Big Max was a Twin Cylinder 2-stroke powered MaxII, as opposed to the JLO-259 and whatever other singles they were using at the time (and 4-strokes if they were an option in a max at that time?).
    Attex 295 Wild Wolf: My Runner
    Attex 252? Colt? Racer 80%: My Racer to be..... SOMEDAY
    Attex Super Chief - Sold.

Yea I own a big max now I bought last september and it came with the original motor which was a 400 twin jlo and a three point roll bar .the motor was smoked in it so I dropped another 400 in it thanks to hydromike and it runs like a bear if I ever get my phone to work right I will post pics
    99 Argo Conquest.....ERIE icefishing machine

Quote Originally Posted by whipper-ag View Post
    I bought the 11th Big Max off the assembly line in 1972. They had a 400 twin JLO & #50chain & that's what they called a Big Max. Maybe they put a Kawasaki in it later, but not when they first came out.

Whipper
    Whipper is spot on, the earlier Big Maxes had the 400 JLO and then there were later ones that came with the Kawasaki 440. I believe the 440 Kawasaki was a TA440A, CDI ignition, Mikuni carb.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Hey, I own the same machine too,soon to be powered by 440 Cuyuna with a 34 Mikuni. Do either of you know proper drive belt size or number? Thanks for any input.

Quote Originally Posted by speedycoop View Post
    Hey, I own the same machine too,soon to be powered by 440 Cuyuna with a 34 Mikuni. Do either of you know proper drive belt size or number? Thanks for any input.
    1030 dayco if I remember correctly I will check tomorrow to make sure that's what jay from r.I. told me to run
    99 Argo Conquest.....ERIE icefishing machine

thanks guys for all the info so big maxs were only two stroke how does a two stroke power wise run to my 4 stroke 18 horse vanguard

+ Reply to Thread