Tire Problem

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Tire Problem

Tire Problem

Hello

I have a front tire (Goodyear Rawhide III) on my Max II that has a slow leak. The machine is only 6 months old and I went between 2 trees and squeezed through but nicked my rim and I just found out today took a small piece of rubber off on the bead. I looked and saw a small upwards "v" by the rim. The garage I took it too a few weeks ago just banged the rim out but today they noticed the missing chunk of rubber. They say they can't fix it.

Can I get a tube for the tire and if so would a tube in 1 tire throw the steering off? I know that these tires are hard to come by and of course it's new so I'm trying not to buy a new tire.

tubes do not work. we run way to low of psi . the tire and tube will spin in the rim witch cause the valve stem to sheer off .. u can try some raw rubber . or slime it . robbie
    1999 max 2 18 b&s 22 tires custom . new max iv 23 k 26 i/n tires brown . ht cable promark winch . new toy 1972 attex st400 400ccjlo and she will be bad . ( the frog ) if it don't float with out you getting wet . don't bring it ! R.I.P sage rogers 4 11 09 . you can't fix stuped !!!!! raceone 3 .)

Might want to try bead cement from NAPA
    "Don't worry my Dad's a TV repairman, he has an excellent set of tools..I can fix It"

It would put a bottle of Slime in it. I swear by Slime. It run it in all of my tires. Slime has stopped bead leaks for me many times.

Got Slime?

Slime has worked in my tires too.
    took rim off of machine, added Slime set rim on side(tire mounted of course) added Slime, slowly"rolled" tire/rim in such a way that the Slime will coat the bead area. Did this on both sides. Aired up.Bead leaks gone
    Will do til I can afford new tires.

Smile bead problems

Quote Originally Posted by ranger View Post
    Hello

I have a front tire (Goodyear Rawhide III) on my Max II that has a slow leak. The machine is only 6 months old and I went between 2 trees and squeezed through but nicked my rim and I just found out today took a small piece of rubber off on the bead. I looked and saw a small upwards "v" by the rim. The garage I took it too a few weeks ago just banged the rim out but today they noticed the missing chunk of rubber. They say they can't fix it.

Can I get a tube for the tire and if so would a tube in 1 tire throw the steering off? I know that these tires are hard to come by and of course it's new so I'm trying not to buy a new tire.
    I repair the tire with black silicone seal, let it dry, then, put it back on the rim. works fine for me....

You can also trim a tire patch to damage size if its large enough rip. I have repaired small nicks with multiple thin coats or bead sealer. The bead sealer repair also works well on older tires that have rust imprints in the bead.

Thank You

Hello Everyone

Thank you for your suggestions. You've saved a great deal of time trying to figure out what to do next.

All suggestion above i have tried and they work. Black silicon i have repaired 3 wheeler tires with. Just clean it good and it will stick.

Smile tiressssss

Quote Originally Posted by lewis View Post
    All suggestion above i have tried and they work. Black silicon i have repaired 3 wheeler tires with. Just clean it good and it will stick.

+ Reply to Thread