GBC Gator ATV Tires

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: GBC Gator ATV Tires

GBC Gator ATV Tires

im looking at some gbc gator atv tires and was wondering if they swim? i don't plan on doing much swimming with my atv because mostly all i'll be running it in is swamp land but i would like to be able to have the swimming option if necessary.

nate52,

I,m currently running six GBC Gator tires on my MaxIV and these tires won,t swim a lick if you,re sitting on the seat. It makes no difference which direction you face these tires. With that point made,this is the reason why I run all of my Gator tires facing forward ,for maximum traction. Most of the time though, I,m running through mud and water that my tires can touch the bottom on, so in the riding I do, my Gator tires work extremely well.

I did find a way though ,to make these " non-swimming " tires swim:

1. use a zip tie to lock the throttle at slightly above a 1/4 throttle

2. I then straddle the seat of my Max IV, with my feet on either side.

3. With my head up above the roll cage, using my roll cage for leverage , I then start rocking the tub side to side.

4. This causes the tires on either side of the tub to come about 3/4 out of the water.

5. When this happens , it causes more of the bottom side of each Gator tire to paddle the water surface.

6. As long as I continue to rock the tub side to side , I can make the "non-swimming " Gator tires swim across a still pond, almost in the direction that I want to go. This works out to be about 1.5 mph I,d say. I would not try this in water with any current.

The Interco ,Vampire ,ASX tire has now become the tire of choice for people who want outstanding mudding ability, and a tire that swims too.
    Last edited by mudbug3; 09-21-2009 at 10:47 PM.

im mainly just looking for a tire that is reasonable in most conditions, (mud, sand, snow, soft soil) and something that would swim if i wanted it too. they are going onto an attex and i don't plan on taking this thing into mud holes or anything major. its just something to play around with and take into some swampy areas.

Nate

+ Reply to Thread