Max II tracks on a Max IV

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Max II tracks on a Max IV

Max II tracks on a Max IV

Can I put tracks from a Max II on my Max IV. the tracks are robber with the waffle pattern.

Quote Originally Posted by sgtlane04901 View Post
    Can I put tracks from a Max II on my Max IV. the tracks are robber with the waffle pattern.
    No. The IV has a much longer wheel base. You could half-track it, but I wouldn't ruin the II tracks to do so.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

I don't know how your track "ends" come together....hinge or overlap, but you could remove one hinge (or release overlap if applicable) and splice another piece of belting (using the same holes as the hinge or overlap). Then re-fasten the removed hinge to the other side of new extension piece (or drill end of new rubber to match overlap holes on original belting). It's easy to cut a couple inches off one end of the new piece (and re-fasten hinge or re-drill overlap) if you need to fine-tune the length from your first attempt.....hopefully not more than once
    I'd shoot for the typical 2-3 inches of track sag with your tires at running pressure.
    You'd always be able to re-fasten your hinge (or overlap) to the original track belting position if you wanted to sell it or if you acquired another machine.
    Round up a few tire guides to cover the increased length.....same "on-center" distance give or take.
    If you use normal conveyor belting, affix some low-profile u-channel for lateral rigidity. If you use scrap snow-machine belting...you won't have to do this.
    Just some thoughts.
    It's really easy to figure the increase length needed if the wheelbase of the original machine and your machine are handy.....that is if tire size/model are the same. If not, it's not to difficult (just time consuming) to monkey around until you get the length/tension just right.
    It's just like cutting hair.....start long with your new piece.....you can always trim a bit....going in the reverse direction is more difficult.

+ Reply to Thread