Worn shifter

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Worn shifter

Worn shifter

Any idea what's causing this? I'm guessing there's some play in the shift collar?
    Attached Images
    What it lacks in ground clearance it makes up for with traction.

Quote Originally Posted by tbone9 View Post
    Any idea what's causing this? I'm guessing there's some play in the shift collar?
    I'm not sure but is it possible you have something hitting or putting down pressure on the top of diamond??

Yeah maybe the keeper that bolts on is pushing it down too far. I'm pretty sure I've had the diamonds out before and it wasn't like that. Maybe there's a little slop in the bolt holes and the keeper was down too far.

Tbone check and see if the housing isn't worn a little bit causing the diamond to be at a little angle while in forward gear. Just another thought

It's probably something like that. It's all back together now buried under the engine stand already. I was just wondering if anyone else ever ran into this.

+ Reply to Thread