Wow! What a Difference

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wow! What a Difference

Wow! What a Difference

I have a new MaxIV with just under 60 hours since Nov. 2007. I decided it was time to change the tranny fluid. I was able to find Type F and the GM additive from Advance Auto. I sucked out the old fluid with a syringe and 1/4tubing and replaced the same way.

Test drive time astonished me! This thing handles completely different. It feels better than new. What a difference!!

The old fluid was like a dark grey. I was able to extract 26 ounces from the T-20.

I cant believe what a difference changing the fluid in my 2 month old Max made.

You can believe me that I will keep it serviced at regular intervals. The stick pressure seems much less now.

BTW: The factory does not recommend synethic fluid or Mercon/Dextron.

Take care,
    Rutledge

I was reading about ATF recently, was servicing my girlfriend's dodge neon's automatic. I'm old enough to remember when there was only type F and type A. There are 2 types of automatic trans fluid, those with friction modifiers and those without. Type F is without. If you put anything beides F in an F transmission, it'd shift sloppy.

I always assumed F would require less pressure to keep the bands holding in a T20, chatter aside. The GM limited slip additive was to prevent clutch chatter, and back in the '60s was made from whale oil.
    To Invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk. (Thomas Edison)

+ Reply to Thread