is the 26" Carlisle Tru Power a good tire for Buffalo All Terrain Truck?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: is the 26" Carlisle Tru Power a good tire for Buffalo All Terrain Truck?

is the 26" Carlisle Tru Power a good tire for Buffalo All Terrain Truck?

im going to buy the tires in the link tomorrow and was wandering if there a good tire
    for Buffalo 6x6 any info will help

TireTeam - Carlisle Tire Tru Power 26X12.00-12

I've never had these tires but....I read alot about tires. Seems like most guys say the traditional tractor lug like these you posted and the Duro Ag Lug swim decent, mud so so, ride rough. Keep in mind that most any tire mounted on 12" rims get negative marks in the ride quality area cause they're being compared to 9" and 8" rim setups with way more sidewall.

These tires will perform very similar to the stock Goodyear Super Terra Grips. They'll ride hard, last a long time, swim well, and have decent to so-so mud traction. That seems to be a good price too.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Quote Originally Posted by jpswift1
    These tires will perform very similar to the stock Goodyear Super Terra Grips. They'll ride hard, last a long time, swim well, and have decent to so-so mud traction. That seems to be a good price too.

JpSwift

That is a very good assement I thought.

Quote Originally Posted by mudbug3 View Post
    JpSwift

That is a very good assement I thought.
    Thanks mudbug. I know that you and I have both had a few machines with the factory 26's on them. A decent tire for general amphib use.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

jpswift1

I have come to this conclusion about the Goodyear Super Terra Grip tires: They give a really hard ride, mud ok , and swim very well. This may be ok for some people , but MightmaxIV , Noel Woods , Ga Mudbug , Fulleraviation , Don, and Mike , have decided that we can deal with a tire that gives great traction in the mud , rides better than the Good year Terra Grips, but only swim ok.

I would go with GBC Gators, they are great tires, and inexpensive in 26x12x12 size at about $85 per tire. They swim well, mud great, give a pleasant ride, and also last a long time. They also look good.

I had the GBC Gator tires on my Max IV and they mud great, but they hardly swam in the water facing forwards or backwards. The Maxis Mudbugs don't swim very well on an Argo Frontier either, but swim pretty good on a lighter Max II.

luke Rhodes 2001

The Super Swamp Fox Plus tires mud good and also swim better than the Gator or Mudbug tires.

i got the Carlisle Tru Power tires, heres some Pictures of the stock Goodyear Super Terra Grips
    ill post Pictures of the Carlisle Tru Power when i get than
    Attached Images

+ Reply to Thread