Max IV buying help

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Max IV buying help

Max IV buying help

I am looking at a older Max IV, round headlights, 16hp vanguard engine, runs and drives but needs carb cleaning and choke cable. Has a bad idler sprocket but new one is included. Chains are rusty and owner said it needs gone over, cleaned and lube.

What would be a fair price for this machine? Owner says he needs $2400 for it. It would be a 2hr drive for me to pick it up.

Thanks for any help

$2400 seems pretty high for what you describe. I wonder if this could be the one that was for sale on Craigslist in Tennessee for $800? It had carb issues and it was a brown body with round headlights and a rollcage and 25" Rawhide III tires. Do you have any pics of it?
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

You didn't mention any options but even with roll cage and windshield that's still too high for a rig needing work.
    Thomas

94 MAX IV, 16 Vanguard, Aqua Torques, 1 1/4" wheel spacers

It is in NJ. Been on craigslist for a month now. No options. He gives the reasoning of fixed up he could get 3500.

Unless the axles are splinned, I would not give more than $1600 for a max IV that is in need of a lot of work. The exception would be if the accessories like plow, rop, tires were thrown in. A splinned axle machine are worth more running and as projects.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

West Central Louisiana near Toledo Bend Reservoir
    Quote Originally Posted by nate View Post
    It is in NJ. Been on craigslist for a month now. No options. He gives the reasoning of fixed up he could get 3500.
    HOOOWEEE! 1100 bucks to install a choke cable and idler, clean a carb and slap on some new chains, all on an older Max which probably has the tube type sprockets! Send him this way, I'll be GLAD to do that for that price! Tell him what he needs is to know the difference between needs and wants...
    DESTRUCTION is just a couple of vowels down the street from DISTRACTION

+ Reply to Thread