Land Tamer

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Land Tamer

Land Tamer

I found this site after making up my mind I am getting a Mudd Ox and for my hunting needs here in Alaska and have been busy reading and searching everything I can on here.
    In my travels here on this forum I have discovered the Land Tamer by accident and from what VERY little info I can dig up looks like a competitor in my mind for my needs and wants.
    The RS looks best for me with it's smaller dimensions to slip through the trees when needed. Is there ANY owners on this site with real use opinions on this machine? I found there website but there's info lacking there for me and being Saturday morning I will wait to call with any questions I can come up with which may even be the wrong ones as never owning an AATV before.
    From photos I can't tell how much ground clearance they're workin with either.
    Anyhow feedback from someone who owns one would be awsome! Can't even find a current price list,I'm sure they are spendy but am willing to pay for a machine that will be the right one for years to come within reason. Thanks to any and all feedback.

Thank you Sir for the link. I have read that and the very little else on the forum about this Land Tamer and was hoping for new info if available. Like I was saying,doesn't seem to be alot of these running around in the recreational market.
    The Mudd Ox I know is well capable although This Tamer looks solid built and has intrigued me also!

The only person on the site that I remember having a land tamer was member gwc. I believe he has since sold it but you may be able to contact him via PM or email and get his thoughts on it. Here is a link to his profile: gwc

He also had some pictures of his in the gallery where he commented a little on the performance of the Land Tamer underneath the pictures:

Here is a link to his whole gallery: gwc Land Tamer 6x6 Pictures

Also, search the gallery for keywords land tamer and you will see some pictures uploaded by Patrick Miller

Thank you Mike, you and this forum have already surprised me with all the helpfulness that's ready to be exchanged. Very refreshing...... Now to follow up on your good leads and info!

what about these? Hydratrek

Mike just had a chance to do a demo ride with one and has a write up and video here somewhere. sure he can give you lots of good info on them.

Mudd Ox was having a Fire Sale recently on some lease returns. not sure if they still have some available
    2000 Land Tamer with Tracks.

[QUOTE=Mike;74387]The only person on the site that I remember having a land tamer was member gwc. I believe he has since sold it but you may be able to contact him via PM or email and get his thoughts on it. Here is a link to his profile: gwc

Yes, that guy has sold the machine. I believe he has departed the forum. Based on my experience with dealing with him, I recommend not contacting him for any reason. The machine however looked big and strong. The size would be its biggest downfall as it was as big as a Jeep.

The hydratrek looks impressive as well and I poked around a bit about them as well. The size and weight turned me away though.
    The Land Tamer has a RS model(reduced size) that is comparable in size and weight to the Ox/Argo or more so at least. I did send GWC an email from his profile page. We'll see if I get a response as he had one post only some time ago.
    Thanks for what info is coming back guys.

I talked with the guys at Land Tamer twice now over the phone and I am quite pleased with the time they gave me to talk things Tamer. First impression is they are devoted to turning out quality usable machines and not looking for repeat customers in the form replacing parts designed to fail such as chains,bushings and what not.
    Even without seeing the RS Land Tamer in person I'm leaning towards "fairly certain" that I'll be ordering up one to be built by next summer.
    They are expensive but are in a legue of there own it seems. The model is $38,000 with the diesel and $37,000 for the gas 40hp Kohler. Alot of money but something that will last and not likely leave me 50+ miles off of the already desolate road system where I frequent.

That is great. Please keep us updated on your decision and let us know when you get it. You can give us your impressions of the machine and put some info out there for anyone else in the same position as you.

+ Reply to Thread