Some people either just don't get it or they just don't care.

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Some people either just don't get it or they just don't care.

Some people either just don't get it or they just don't care.

Here is a great one for all of you. I was scanning the Facebook Marketplace yesterday. (Like I always do.) I found a really nice 1988 Ford Ranger. My favorite truck. (Keep your opinions to yourself, this is my story) I messaged the owner and she said that it was still available, that it had been painted about 8 years ago, no rust. It had A/C, 2.9 V6, and a 5 speed transmission. They were asking $2000. I asked if I could come and look at it after I got off work. It would take a little over two hours to get there so they suggested that I come in the morning because it would be getting dark if I went after work. We agreed on 12:30 pm the next day. My Uncle picked me up and we started out. About 2 hours in I called to let them know we were close. I also needed directions to their house because they wanted to meet me at a store and lead me in. An older woman answered and tried to give me directions. After a few minutes of trying to describe to her where I was, I just asked her for her address. She gave it to me. I told her I would be there shortly, hung up the phone, and put the address into my GPS. I barely pulled out onto the road and my phone rang. I answered and it was the women. She told me that they had just sold the truck! I asked, “What do you mean you sold it? I set this up yesterday and just drove 2 hours to see it.” She proceeded to tell me that she had told me another man was looking at it. I told her that she hadn’t said anything like that and asked when she supposedly told me. She replied, “I told you not more than 10 minutes ago.” I was dumbfounded. She not only didn’t tell me there was another person interested but like I said earlier, I set all of this up yesterday and told her that it would take me two hours to get there. I had even offered to come the night before and at her suggestion I waited until the next day to come up. I hung up the phone and drove home. Some people, no matter how old they are, still have a lot to learn about how to treat people.
    "Racing is life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

it's just so sad how so many people don't think treating others kindly is not that important . how would she have felt if she had been you ? the '' golden rule '' is not a joke . i always remember this story ; the car dealer sees the little old lady come in to buy a car . after a chat he knows she knows nothing about autos and sells her a real lemon for a ripoff price . he's really proud of himself . he get's home and the wife says the washing machine broke but it was o.k. the repair man came right out and fortunately had the part on his truck. great the husband say's , i'll send a check . that's o.k. she say's , i paid cash . the bill was only $ 800.00 . j.b.

it is so sad how many people could care less how they treat others . how would she have felt if she had been you ? the '' golden rule '' is not a joke . it reminds me of a story . the car dealer sees the old man come in . after a visit he can tell the guy knows nothing about cars and sells him a real lemon for a ripoff price. he feels so proud . when he get's home his wife says the washer broke, but the repair man came right over and had the part on his truck. the husband says ' i'll send a check ' . wife say's , thats o.k. i paid him cash . it was only

it sure is sad how so mant people treat

it's so sad how many people think nothing of treating others so badly . hoe

Some people are real time wasters and could care less about you, some will outright lie, deceive and bait and switch. I'm sorry that you got the run around. It happens a lot on low end vehicles (no offense to you liking the Ford Ranger). I like International Scouts, and can't tell you how many wasted trips I've made following up and driving out to see a vehicle that sold just before I got there.
    Several years back I ran through the same deal on a 6x6. I had an appointment set up, brought truck and trailer and cash only to find out that the machine sold an hour before to a person that didn't even come out and hadn't paid for the machine. It sat at the guy's house for a couple weeks before the purchaser showed up and paid, but had to borrow the guy's trailer just to get it home. Then he had to wait another couple weeks to get his trailer back. Later on I ran into the new buyer, and he had tried on several occasions to go to the guys house to inspect the machine, just to be put off too, the shame of it was the original seller was a forum member, until he got rid of the machine. Oh well, good riddance to him.

+ Reply to Thread