Argo Rubber Track Video

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Argo Rubber Track Video

Argo Rubber Track Video

Fellow Rubber Track Owners, I watched the Argo rubber track video, the one with the eyebolts installed thru the track. It really looks simple, my question is: How many of you out there use this method? What happens to the holes after the eyebolts are remove, will the rubber track tear? Any feedback is deeply appreciated. Wife and I are getting old and this might be the way to go. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Moldman View Post
    Fellow Rubber Track Owners, I watched the Argo rubber track video, the one with the eyebolts installed thru the track. It really looks simple, my question is: How many of you out there use this method? What happens to the holes after the eyebolts are remove, will the rubber track tear? Any feedback is deeply appreciated. Wife and I are getting old and this might be the way to go. Thanks
    No worries on the holes...they are pre-drilled on the track already (as in spare holes)
    I just installed my new rubber tracks on our 6x6 Frontier a couple weeks ago and didn’t have to use the “eye bolt” method.
    We let the air out of the tires after driving onto the tracks. We followed the instructions to leave about a foot of track in front of the front tire then we pulled the track over the tires and had probably 4-5” to make up to mate the hinges. Letting all the air out of the tires helped as well as my wife jumping up and down on top of the track and eventually (a few minutes) I was able to start the pin into the hinge and the rest was easy...re-inflate the tires per the instructions and check for free play.
    By the way, we’re old too! I’m 69 and my wife is 65!
    Another hint...(If you live in a cold climate) we let the tracks warm up for a while with our kerosene garage heater blasting on them before trying to install them. We draped them over a couple of saw horses and directed the heat at them. I feel that helped.
    Last edited by mowbizz; 12-29-2018 at 06:56 PM.

It always amazes me that someone asks a question on here and you give them an answer, you never hear from them again...

+ Reply to Thread