Should I Purchase Tracks?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Should I Purchase Tracks?

Should I Purchase Tracks?

Hello folks, I am new to the argo world. I have a 2005 6x6 big foot and have a place in Alaska. Will use machine mostly in the summer. Not sure if I should put tracks on it . What you think and what will it take? Tim

Quote Originally Posted by thohon View Post
    Hello folks, I am new to the argo world. I have a 2005 6x6 big foot and have a place in Alaska. Will use machine mostly in the summer. Not sure if I should put tracks on it . What you think and what will it take? Tim
    That would depend on what you plan to traverse, muskeg could cause the need. Perhaps a specific location area of intended usage would gain advice from the locals. Tracks have some major advantages tied to disadvantages.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Thanks for the advice.

I had a 2002 conquest with the 25”x12” rawhides. It swam pretty good but I got stuck a lot. I ended up getting some Adair pro series and it turned into a whole new machine. It didn’t swim as good but it did swim. I’m not trying to sell Adair’s but they are a great track in the mud but I think any tracks are better than no tracks. I have a 2016 750hdi that I have pretty well equipped but I don’t have tracks yet, but I will have some.

Being you are from Alaska I would try and deal with Jeff AKA Buzz on here for tracks. He's spent a lot of time on all types of tracks in Alaska knowing what you will use it for and set you up the best you need making a custom set.

I have talked with Jeff and I really like his tracks. I was ready to pull the trigger and got side tracked with a new truck. Boy was my little bride surprised when I got home lol. F350 power stroke 4x4 Platinum with all the bells and whistles. I will still get some tracks, just gonna have wait till later.

Jeff really knows his stuff, I'm basically where I'm at now with tracks cause of that guy. Haha
    I don't think anyone has the experience he has on all the different types of tracks. I'm trying but a little far behind at this point. I need to pick up some Adair and plastic tracks soon, but even then with his Hybrid versions it's pretty hard to compare to the testing he has got done over the years. I think the Channels with the swim mods are the best bang for buck track out there if speed is not of an issue which normally isn't for most people on Argo's. Lol

Tracks are great for real thick mud and bad swamps, depending on what you want to use your Bigfoot for. I'd say the addair tracks are one of the best tracks made for overall swimming and mud.

Quote Originally Posted by John8x8hdi View Post
    Tracks are great for real thick mud and bad swamps, depending on what you want to use your Bigfoot for. I'd say the addair tracks are one of the best tracks made for overall swimming and mud.
    He's based out of Alaska and there's a lot of rocky country up there which doesn't suit well to plastic tracks much at all.

I am running Beaver Dam Argo tracks, and although the steel is not the best on bare rock, these tracks are unstoppable. They swim, climb, and can claw their way through any amount of mud. I have the winter kit, but have never attached it. 3 feet of snow is not a problem. Pudding mud is not a problem. When I do encounter bare rock, the winch works just fine. Severe muskeg would not even be a challenge.

Steve

+ Reply to Thread