Argo 18" rubber tracks for non-standard 6x6

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Argo 18" rubber tracks for non-standard 6x6

Argo 18" rubber tracks for non-standard 6x6

Hi all,

I have a 2014 650HD 6x6 with 25X12-9 tires installed, as opposed to the standard 24X10-8 tires. I know that these tracks will fit, and that the standard template used to cut these tracks to length will not work, due to the non-standard tire size. My question pertains to clearance between the track and the lower body and if I would have enough clearance with the 25" tires installed? I know that the Avengers run these tracks with 25" tires, but I don't know if the lower body is shaped to accommodate this.

Thanks in advance.

P
    Quote Originally Posted by rookcaca View Post
    Hi all,

I have a 2014 650HD 6x6 with 25X12-9 tires installed, as opposed to the standard 24X10-8 tires. I know that these tracks will fit, and that the standard template used to cut these tracks to length will not work, due to the non-standard tire size. My question pertains to clearance between the track and the lower body and if I would have enough clearance with the 25" tires installed? I know that the Avengers run these tracks with 25" tires, but I don't know if the lower body is shaped to accommodate this.

Thanks in advance.
    Not a pro on tracks or Argos but 2014 is a relatively new machine. I have a 2016 6x6 with the standard tires. My question is why do you think Argos from 2014 on might have a different tub? I know it’s probably impossible to contact OD&G but Perhaps a call to one of the huge national dealers would be in order. Someone that knows will surely chime in here. Good luck!

I am not sure if the Avenger's have a different tub than the 6x6's to accommodate the tracks with 25" tires.

I am not sure if the Avenger's have a different tub than the 6x6's to accommodate the tracks with 25" tires.
    A call to one of the larger Argo dealers in the USA would answer this...they are longer for sure but I’ll bet the same width demensions.

Hi all,

Thanks in advance.
    I believe tney will work no problem, but tell me, how much clearance between the tub and tire at the center of the casing? You may also need a second track extension from stock.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Thanks for the reply. Got word from Argo that they will not work.

+ Reply to Thread