magnum overheating

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: magnum overheating

magnum overheating

i just got back from a long trip in the bush in my 1992 magnum. everything worked fine except the engine was overheating alot due to low speeds . my oil temp was really high what would be the maximum temp i should let it go at. and are there any things or ideas about how to make a cooling system??.

Trail machine 4 strokes really need oil coolers along with as much cooling air intake as possible. Here's the set up for a Magnum like yours. read the descriptions under tho photos.

Here is the remote filter bracket

This cooling unit is from the Kohler CH/CV Command Series of engines,they can often be found on ebay without the adaptor for the engine/filter which isn't necessary.

The original flow of the oil is straight from pump through filter and back. I just put the cooler before the filter.

+ Reply to Thread