hp chip for argo motor

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: hp chip for argo motor

hp chip for argo motor

has anyone put in a chip to increase performance for their argo.
    i am considering this to add 15% (manufacturer claims).
    My Argo has 31 hp. Kohler 750 motor.
    Its on tracks so power really seems to suck in the snow. I think just a little more 4-5 hp would help a lot.
    maybe I just need some tuning and servicing of the clutch etc,
    I drilled another hole in the throttle plate and reconnected the throttle cable there.
    There was way too much slack in the twist grip making it hard to reach full throttle.
    Its seems better. Haven't taken it out yet.
    I just bought this unit a week ago. 2011 avenger. It hasn't been used since late 2011.
    I got rid of the stale gas. That might help. Seems to run OK.
    Maybe the clutch needs lubrication making it feel doggy.
    If I push on the governor spring while holding open the throttle it revs way higher.
    It seems that the safety rpm limit is way too safe ! I would like to use this as a power gain (a few more rpms) but am afraid to screw up the governor performance.
    Anyone got ideas.
    Will the new chip hurt anything.

Try changing your clutch weights first. This is probably what you would want ARGO PARTS WEIGHT, 240g - HIGH ALTITUDE

Mudbug 3 experimented with clutch weights both ways up and down from light to heavy. His machine ended up running very well, If I recall the lighter weights were a big success.

He ended up with the very lightest weights. When I tried that, I was always running at over 4000 rpms. HP was not my issue though, I wanted a larger rpm spread between start of advancement and top out....didn't work, now I'm back up to almost stock weight. There is only a few hundred rpms between start of clutch advancement and finish, and when the weight changes it moves both the start and end.

http://www.6x6world.com/forums/argo-...html#post92243

+ Reply to Thread