AK Bush Tracks alongside Argo Factory Rubber Tracks

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: AK Bush Tracks alongside Argo Factory Rubber Tracks

https://youtu.be/-sOPel3WaHM

I had some comments on a few Facebook argo groups claiming that more air would help the factory tracks and that “they work just fine.” I hope that folks at least understand when to be cautious with this particular track, especially if they are more adventurous than some of the flat landers that are able to run the flat rubber track so long as they avoid water and go around the worst mud holes. For the rest of us that enjoy carrying a hunting camp/animal and enjoy prospecting around (making our own trail if wanted), and going up, over, and around mountain drainages if necessary, we’ll be content knowing that we don’t have to worry about damaging our tires, tub, or simply driving out of the track when the going gets hairy (even when tires have high air pressure). The flat rubber track in this video had 6, 7, 7, 6.5 psi front to rear and couldn’t make it 15 feet on this side hill. And the hill gets worse the farther you go. Just for illustration. I’ve been on far worse way out in Timbuktu.

Nice looking track. I been running the adair track on my 2018 outfitter. At 2500 kilometers I broke almost all the deck screw fasteners on the outside of the track. Also where the belting goes thru the guide the belting gets torn due to the edges of grouser not being radiused. Mike at adair was great and worked with me and sent me new and improved set. 2,400 kilometers later the belting is tearing again. That's 2 sets of tracks in 3.5 years at a big expense and not so nice response from Mike this time . Are your grousers radioused where there bolted to the track if nthe belting will tear. I put a lot of hrs and miles on these machines with tracks 6,900 kilometers in 3.5 years and don't want this to happen to you and your great looking track design. Thanks jack.

Hi Jack,
    Zero issues with our design.
    I have seen several folks have the same thing happen with your same tracks. Sometimes we’ve been able to repair them with replacement screws (yuck), other times the guide has been totally missing. I think the majority of recreational users will be fine if they avoid certain conditions (I know that’s a compromise). I think it is probably from ice cleats being added and the track being used onnon-winter conditions where the ground is sticky. Or sidehills. (my opinion), I feel like your problem is because your track has moveable guide tips. They get their stability simply from the tension in the belt. But with heavy machines or uneven ground and sidehills, the guides will be pushed over easily which puts tremendous pressure on the belting/screw(grk I believe), and it breaks. There is a small section of plastic that remains (shy of the guide being machined totally off, before it is assembled and screwed back together. For most folks it is a robust enough design, but you need to travel on the same relatively flatlander style terrain that Factory rubber track users do to avoid tire guide problems. Heavy loads, and especially ice cleats on that design are problematic on soft ground, ruts, and sidehills. And air pressure must remain high. The Adairs will turn easier in certain conditions that the factory rubber and will go better in mud. Just be careful in certain conditions. There are many customers that do just fine.

I know exactly (trust me) what you are talking about. FYI, we have been building and modifying our AK Bush track style for years (input not only from our use, but hard charging hunters and workers)fine tuning shape/profile, metal vs plastic, hybrids, traction enhancers, swim paddles slip load/tuners vs not. We have never torn a belt in any thickness (currently 4-ply 500 series made-in-USA), our guide tips are fixed position and cannot be pushed over. The grousers centipede around corner treads, unlike flat tracks whose guide tips compress towards the center of corner rims. Our belting does not take the same leveraged/twisting stress that belts on the ground-level suffer. Not to mention our belting is elevated off the ground. We’ve got lots of foljs who are fed up with moveable tire guide tip tracks (while others have not had problems). Some people ride the same oil trail into the cabin or group ride to the glacier, so flatlander tracks do just fine, and theyre happy. The people that bushwack and hunt hard, they always end up calling me for repairs on their flat tracks, or to just swap them out altogether for a bush track. Just depends on your needs. I’m fixing up another Argo metal hinge for a gentleman at the moment. Some of them tear out altogether. Another guy just replaced 70 tire guides. It’s always more time and maintenance repairs year after year (if you use your machine hard). Some do not.
    A bush track is designed to solve the typical side effects and problems that hard use and crappy conditions cause flat tracks to suffer. If you haven’t suffered these problems, then the areas you use your tracks do not require bush tracks.
    When I send a current track out the door, I donworry about a single thing, and I know I won’t have to for a long time, even if the customer does all the wrong stuff with their machine, air pressure, or driving style. It is designed for the worst of the worst.
    Not intended to offend. I’ll have more comparison videos coming up, but on or around Sept 1 it is always crazy up here. All the procrastinators decide to sh*t or get off the pot��
    Last edited by Buzz; 08-25-2021 at 01:38 PM.

Thanks. Im am an extreme hard core argo rider. Did you try these on the bigger conquest outfitter argo yet there alot heavier. Im interested in your track r you going to ship to the lower 48 states. I'm in upper Michigan.

yes, starting Oct/Nov hopefully. We have used our tracks a lot with heavy machines (Diesel Mudd-Oxs) and heavily loaded machines over all terrain types. Feel free to PM or call whenever you need to chat 907-354-5319

hello buzz,do you have a website yet for ak tracks? thanks

Quote Originally Posted by plott hound View Post
    hello buzz,do you have a website yet for ak tracks? thanks
    alaskabushtracks.com (not live yet)
    alaska bush tracks LLC (facebook) just recently started

Buzz, what would be outside to outside measurement running your tracks on Argo Aurora with standard 25" tires?

Quote Originally Posted by akranger72 View Post
    Buzz, what would be outside to outside measurement running your tracks on Argo Aurora with standard 25" tires?
    77-1/2” if a 22-1/2” wide track is mounted up. With this track, the outer 2-3” on each side can bend up to fit between narrower openings if need be. Doesn’t hurt the 4-ply belting, and there is no hinge pin that can run into anything. I can also use a narrower outer belt if wanted (19-1/2” wide track) with an outside-to-outside measurement of 71-1/2”

Thanks for reply Buzz. Your tracks are top of my list just trying to get my hands on a 2022 950 Huntmaster then will decide.

+ Reply to Thread