Tires For a 2000 Conquest?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tires For a 2000 Conquest?

Tires For a 2000 Conquest?

Hi, I am new to the site. I have a Conquest I bought last year. It came with the Runamuks but as usual they were pretty bald. I was able to get by about a year by swapping out some of the better tires that were on the Argo trailer that came as part of the package. Now I need tires. I do have 2 brand new runamuks on rims that came with the Argo. I looked at buying the new Argo/Carlisle tire but at $140 a pop they seem a little pricey. Anyone had any luck with anything from the aftermarket. I am planning on keeping my original tires & rims to run in the winter with the tracks (13"). That being said I was going to buy new rims anyway so I don't have to stay with the 8" rims. It doesn't have wheel spacers on it but looks like I can get a 12.5" wide tire on it.

How important is the ability to swim to you.

If not, you can put tall, wide tires on it, on 9" wheels, mudd ox wheels.

Otherwise good swimming tires options are less.
    To Invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk. (Thomas Edison)

Thanks for the reply. We use it on some of our wetlands to set duck decoys so I would like to have something that swims. We do crawl through some boggy swamps. I live in Indiana so our clay ground gets slicker than snot when it is wet. I was hoping to get something that is a good all around tire that will swim some. I have been thinking about putting an outboard motor (gas or electric) anyway but it I want it to be able to swim if that isn't mounted. It doesn't have to be a speed demon on the water but I certainly don't want to have to paddle it.

I went for two of the 22X10X8 argo tires on the front. The old buggy swims pretty good with those new tires. I run tracks so I don't want to keep two sets of tires and rims. If I didn't run tracks I would have gone for the 24X10X8. I'm going to replace the old ones two at a time as they wear out.

A couple of friends did the same thing and there is a very definite improvement. One guy had on a set of 21X11X8 tractor type tires and they were useless. He now has six runamcks with two new argo tires on the front and he's going through the swamp with a very definite smile now.
    Slim
    Last edited by Slimpickin; 10-17-2010 at 02:26 PM.

I don't know of a good swimming tall tire other than the 24" frontier that will fit the conquest. I have some tall and wide kendas on 9" wheels. They are fine until it's time to swim. I would get the argo tires in 22 or 24, and keep the light 8" wheels. My tires/wheels probably added a 100 lbs in weight.
    To Invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk. (Thomas Edison)

Thanks for the info. Do you guys know what the life expectancy of the new Argo/Carlisle tire is. I know the old Runamuks were a pretty soft compound & the tread wears pretty quick. I have seen the new tire & they look like they have a thicker & taller lug so I assume they should wear a lot better. I believe the price on the 22" & 24" tire is the same so I could step up to the bigger tire. I was concerned with getting something wedged in between the tight space between the tires. Has anyone that has gone to the 24" tire tried to run the Argo tracks (13" plastic tracks)? I do realize I would have to add a couple track pieces to make them fit the larger tire. I didn't know if there was room between the bulkhead & the tire for the tracks. Also has anyone found the Argo tires for anything less than $140 a piece.

Just ordered 8 Kenda K472 Tires for my Conquest

After much debate & research (at least 4 months) on what to get for my 2000 Conquest I final put in a order to Tire Unlimited for the Duro HF-255 in their 21x11x8 size. They only had 4 in stock & weren't sure when Duro would be shipping more so they took my name & number. About 20 minutes later I got a call from one of their reps who deals with Duro & Kenda. It sounds like it is getting tougher to get the Duro tires but Kenda has a newer tire that is just like the Duro HF-255. The only difference is they have a higher load capacity than the Duro. It is not listed on the Tires Unlimited website yet but if you call them they have them. It is the K472 & is on Kenda's web site. Looks like the old Chevon tire but maybe a little taller lug. The nice thing is they are a little less than the Duro ($.70). The rep told me that Kenda is the sister company to Duro & literally right across the street from Duro. At about 4:30p I ordered 8 Kenda tires for a grand total of $477.28 ($59.66ea, no tax or shipping charge) & they should be at my door Thursday. I am assuming based on the past history of this tread design they should swim & mud well. I will let you know. - Ozzy
    Last edited by Mike; 10-25-2010 at 07:16 PM. Reason: merged post with existing thread

+ Reply to Thread