Very very noobie here needing help

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Very very noobie here needing help

Very very noobie here needing help

found this in local classifieds. was wandering if some of you experts could tell me approx year and the ease of getting parts for it. its been setting in a covered barn unmolested for almost 20 YEARS!!!! how hard are these going to be working on. i plan to go get it monday if we agree on a price. what do you guys think would be a good price for this unit

Post a link to the add or a picture.
    HUSTLER 980 NOS BUILD
    HUSTLER 980 TRAIL MACHINE
    HUSTLER 950 PARTS MACHINE [

IMG]http://i708.photobucket.com/albums/ww81/highrollinmopars/2012-06-04_07-13-01_284.jpg[/IMG]

Pictures by irvan105 - Photobucket

i hope that works its first time ive ever had or used that site lol

Looks like a poly bodied hustler. probably early 80's 900. Most parts are pretty universal. It should be an easy build.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

What would be fair price to offer without seeing it

I wouldnt go over about $600 it being site unseen. $300 would be better. Good luck with it let us know how it goes.
    HUSTLER 980 NOS BUILD
    HUSTLER 980 TRAIL MACHINE
    HUSTLER 950 PARTS MACHINE [

IMG]http://i708.photobucket.com/albums/ww81/highrollinmopars/2012-06-04_07-13-01_284.jpg[/IMG]

I have the same machine that I just invested over 4500 into! Been trying to get 3000! You can get parts real easy. **** ads up real quick! I wish I would have listen to my uncle and stop messing with old junk and just bought something that was made in the last decade or two! Word of advice Stay away from that Richard Clark guy! he over charges for every thing including shipping! If you decide to do the build I will send you a list of places I bought the parts from.good luck!
    !

thanks so much guys. im really grinding on him to let me have it for 200$ flat. was told this last time i called that the motor is a newwer motor with only 18-20 hours on it. bearings and chains and belts replaced right before instorage so hardly any time on them, which i wouldnt figure it matter if they werent oiled excessively since been sitting for 20 years?!?!?
    another question though......could i get 3-4 people in this as far as not going in water just trails and stuff(duck hunting). it will mainly just be me and my lab but occasionmally we have a few other guys that dont have atvs going with us

The tranny is a T20 ( looks like ) probably one of the best transmissions of all - I own a Max with the T20 tranny - awesome power and reliability. If the motor body and tranny are half decent - the only other worry you have are the tires sprockets and shafts - make sure you dont see any bent up shafts - but for 200 - 300 - it's worth that for the Tranny alone. Good luck. If the tires are not ripped open - you might get lucky and use fix a flat or maybe put tubes in - but you would have to use some 3m high strength RTV glue as bead locker to keep the rims from slipping on the tires - that is the only trouble with tubes - if the tires slip - the rims will rip off teh valve stem - unless you glue the tire bead to the rim - then you're okay - Hustler parts are available - and get a cheap sump pump - you may never get it water tight but a pump will keep you from sinking - good luck

seeing all of the chains and everything once the body is lifted up im not gonna lie has really intimidated me......should i be or is it actually not that bad once you really get in there with it. Im not just greatly mechanically inclined but smart enough to be able to think things through, and a pretty fast learner. my plan for it is to get it running pretty good and run it through duck season, then after that strip it and really do it right.

+ Reply to Thread