Jiger ?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Jiger ?

Jiger ?

Is there any Jiger experts out there.. I'm looking at one. The chains sure look small.. like bicycle size ? It's in running condition.. 1968 so it the hydro trans one.. still yellow.
    See what's up in my workshop.. www.robeye.net

You may be hard pressed to find a jiger experts out there. Hopefully you can find someone who may have owned one, but probably not someone who has had multiple of them.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

If it has a hydrostatic drive, small chains, and it's yellow in color, then odds are it's a later model Versatrek Jiger.

This link will tell you all you need to know about it:

History - Versatrek Jiger

It's a cool piece of AATV history, so if the price is right, pick it up!
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Quote Originally Posted by amphibious drew View Post
    You may be hard pressed to find a jiger experts out there. Hopefully you can find someone who may have owned one, but probably not someone who has had multiple of them.
    Whatcha tryin to say, Drew?

25 years ago many of the top motorcycles used #40 chain. If its good enough for a superbike, it should be ok for a Jiger.

Thanks... I've read the history article. And yes this is a versatrek one. And it's complete and running.. But it's had a few mods. Adapted to four bolt 8" trailer rims.. that's good.. the old t-handle control is replaced with a double handle and a twist throttle and moved over to the left a bit.. No cracks or damage to the body.. Missing the seat and the headlight... And the price is right.. So I'm going to buy it. I just wanted to learn more about the strange drive. The motor drives the twin hydro units and a fan /cooling coil. and from the fan another belt drives what looks like a pump ? The hyrdostatic units that I'm familiar with are pumps.. and have variable speed in both directions. So why the throttle ? and why the pump ?

Quote Originally Posted by robeye View Post
    Thanks... I've read the history article. And yes this is a versatrek one. And it's complete and running.. But it's had a few mods. Adapted to four bolt 8" trailer rims.. that's good.. the old t-handle control is replaced with a double handle and a twist throttle and moved over to the left a bit.. No cracks or damage to the body.. Missing the seat and the headlight... And the price is right.. So I'm going to buy it. I just wanted to learn more about the strange drive. The motor drives the twin hydro units and a fan /cooling coil. and from the fan another belt drives what looks like a pump ? The hyrdostatic units that I'm familiar with are pumps.. and have variable speed in both directions. So why the throttle ? and why the pump ?
    Hi Robeye,
    I have a complete running Versatrek Jigger. If you need any information let me know. Welcome to the Jiger club!

Matt
    http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb478/KaptainKrunch97/Signature_zps2b4e9265.jpg

Hi Matt.. How's the Bazoo ? I will need a source for tires.. 20/21 x 11 - 8".. And where would I find new rubber for the Terra Jet. those are Quad size 12 "

Quote Originally Posted by robeye View Post
    Sounds as if the pumps are like wheel motors, such as on zero turns, and need a supply to feed them, unlike a garden tractor that has both built in. larger farm tractors have hydros built into the rear axles though a pump still drives them.
    Also seems similar to what Matt has.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

No they are not just hydro motors.. then they would have in & out lines. I will figure it out.. The pump has a reservoir as well.. I'm thinking that its just for the cooling..

+ Reply to Thread