how much hp and torque will a t 20 take

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: how much hp and torque will a t 20 take

how much hp and torque will a t 20 take

Hi I have a spare Harley motor and tranny I was thinking of using it hooked to a t 20.. I was just wondering if anyone has high horse power running to there t 20.
    Last edited by scottytow69; 12-25-2014 at 02:33 AM.

O yea its a 88ci motor if you want to know..

How many ponies?
    I'm running a 999cc Kohler rated approx 40 hp and 60 ft/lbs. Others have run Geo Metro motors, I believe they are 3 cyl 50-60 hp and some have put in some big 2 strokers also.
    I have heard the figure of 100 horse power before, but not sure that was from any official source.
    If you don't get too aggressive with tires (avoid the 2" deep lugs) I bet you will be fine.

This motor is 94 hp .. thanks for the info..

I've had this plan for years but no dinero, run the engine with a cvt and not with Harley trans. The limitation then becomes belt.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

You would need to come up with some kind of starter ring gear as that HD engine has the starter in the trans.

I think a t20 in reasonably good condition can go 100hp and 120 ft/pd torque. Maybe more. Will let you know when I get there.

Add some metal to keep it between the frame rails

+ Reply to Thread