Drive and driven clutch moving at idle?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Drive and driven clutch moving at idle?

Ogdensburg, NY mailing but live in Morristown, New York

Drive and driven clutch moving at idle?

While I wait for information on how to lower the idle on my 23hp Vanguard, I might as well post another question. At the moment, the only way I can get my idle down is to pull slightly on the governor tab. When I let go, the engine rpm goes up. I noticed that when I decrease the idle to almost a stall, both the driver and driven clutch are moving as the belt is engaged. I'm wondering if the belt is too tight or if it is normal that both clutches move?

It is normal as there is still friction on the belt. You should be able to reach in with a stick and stop it though......if you like your fingers and want to keep them, be very careful.

+ Reply to Thread