Seat Recovering ideas to prevent cracking in cold??

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Seat Recovering ideas to prevent cracking in cold??

Seat Recovering ideas to prevent cracking in cold??

Every winter my Argo Bigfoot vinyl seats get more and more cracked when temps fall into the -30c and the vinyl becomes brittle.

I've recovered the back seats with black vinyl only to have then badly crack the following winter. Last week my bench seat got some bad cracks after placing a knee on the seat while getting in the machine.

Anyone come up with a solution for this cold weather cracking? I've thought of getting a neoprene cover which would work in the winter but water retention will be a problem in the summer months.

Thanks....

How about rubber? I have been looking at some rubber sheeting that was leftover from when we water proofed the top of the Box Trailer (53' used as farm storage) just like inter-tube rubber .... just a though if and when I got to the point where mine needs repair/replacement .

bg

I have recovered ATV seats with success. However, I use a =40 rated vinyl. I was lucky to get two rolls at auction. It is old and very thick but it works well on snowmobile seats. The newer -40 is thinner and easier to sew up. An old sewing machine would have no trouble sewing either material. I say older because they are all steel construction and just have more punch.

+ Reply to Thread