Who owns the Attex Molds

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Who owns the Attex Molds

I am new to the aatv world but if HDPE is a good absorber and Fiberglass is easy to fix and rigid. Then why not a fiberglass shell with a bolted on HDPE skid plate about 1/4 or 3/8 inch thick. It'd be easy to make the skid plates and the bodies could be molded with the holes already in them to bolt the plates on.

Quote Originally Posted by golpher76 View Post
    I am new to the aatv world but if HDPE is a good absorber and Fiberglass is easy to fix and rigid. Then why not a fiberglass shell with a bolted on HDPE skid plate about 1/4 or 3/8 inch thick. It'd be easy to make the skid plates and the bodies could be molded with the holes already in them to bolt the plates on.
    the HDPE will take the hit while the fiberglass behind it will crack
    2008 MAX-IV 500T 30hp Bandolero

I understand that I should have been more specific and said the fiberglass with the flexible resin. I know it's a bit heavier than the normal resin but it doesn't get 100% rigid, as in it has a little give to it. I would think the HDPE would then protect it from sharp objects but it would still flex some as to not crack.

Earlier style scramblers used a plastic skid plate that I believe was nylon on there fiberglass tubs. It seem to protect them as the ones I have seen the skid plate gets brittle and cracks off but the body underneath them always has looked good still.

that's actually a really good idea and never thought about that golpher. and apart from that i agree with lewis that more effort should be put into remaking molds with improvements...the engine covers were nothing special either as they were attached to the seat and broke by the hinge over time...i think i feel a project coming on sometime

This topic is a dead end folks. Just as I explained to Andy a few years ago via email. I was the one that purchased everything from the last known Attex company owner in TN who purchased everything from the last manufacturer in Ravenna, Ohio. I received all company records, blueprints, parts, manuals, brochures, jigs, customer's names and addresses, some parts, etc... But never received the body molds. They do not exist! Anybody that says they have them or know who does is lying. PERIOD. When I drove to TN and got everything the owner explained to me that when everything was in storage, His bum nephew sold the aluminum body molds as scrap. He loaded them up in a pickup and drove them to the nearest salvage yard and had them melted down into scrap for money. I only have photographs of the molds. And I still have many many many boxes of documents and pictures, manuals and records.

Quote Originally Posted by CarriesAttex View Post
    This topic is a dead end folks. Just as I explained to Andy a few years ago via email. I was the one that purchased everything from the last known Attex company owner in TN who purchased everything from the last manufacturer in Ravenna, Ohio. I received all company records, blueprints, parts, manuals, brochures, jigs, customer's names and addresses, some parts, etc... But never received the body molds. They do not exist! Anybody that says they have them or know who does is lying. PERIOD. When I drove to TN and got everything the owner explained to me that when everything was in storage, His bum nephew sold the aluminum body molds as scrap. He loaded them up in a pickup and drove them to the nearest salvage yard and had them melted down into scrap for money. I only have photographs of the molds. And I still have many many many boxes of documents and pictures, manuals and records.
    Damn..they melted them for scrap..lol..if only they had known! Its nice to know you bought some of their stuff. So what do ya got for sale? LOL

anyhow, welcome to the site! and where ya located?
    I have officially caught the 6-wheel-sickness!!

"If your gonna be dumb, you better be Tough!"

"I have done so much, with so little, for so long, that I'm now capable of doing practically anything with virtually nothing...."

BUY AMERICAN..or...BYE AMERICA!!!

Im kinna near Pymatuming Lake

Im kinna near Pymatuming Lake
    Hello CarriesAttex, I have a trailer in Holiday Camplands and myself,brother and 2 lifelong friends own proerties in Espyville,Pa. RE the molds,yeah,sounds about right,some nitwit blatently destroyes a priceless piece of history for a couple nites with jack daniels,hope he had a good time at it.

Joe.

They do not exist! Anybody that says they have them or know who does is lying. PERIOD.
    Not sure what it is but it seems like the attex name is full of liars, cheaters and scammers. Its a shame to. They are great machines.

+ Reply to Thread