1.5" thick repro UHMW crosser (elevated-belt) with 1/8" steel insert

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: 1.5" thick repro UHMW crosser (elevated-belt) with 1/8" steel insert

Quote Originally Posted by seanno2 View Post
    Well after reading all 9 pages of this thread and all 10 pages of the thread escargo v.s adair I have not come to a conclusion of which tracks I want. I called escargo in Wisconsin today and it would be $3700 for just the tracks. I called Adair tracks after that and it would be $3500 for tracks, wheels, and snow extensions. So price wise the Adair tracks are sounding really nice.

So what will I be doing with my Max IV 6X6? I'll be swimming about 3 hundred yards on my lake and driving up on a floating bog to go duck hunting. I'll be driving in snow that is usually no deeper then 3 ft. I'll be driving around in muddy/rocky terrain.

So honestly which tracks should I buy?
    It's definitely a case of you get what you pay for. I understand that cost will be a concern but the quality of Escargo far exceed the other brands. Take into consideration how well raised belt (Escargo) tracks stay on and the life expectancy of the track it's money well spent. Also consider how much easier a raised belt track skids when turning than a flat track design what is so much easier on the machine. Oldtuker said it was like getting power steering when he went from flat tracks to raised tracks.

If you go with flat tracks you will be happy but if you go with Escargo tracks you will be allot happier!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3Z6Ybu-LNE
    Last edited by 2014SE; 03-15-2014 at 11:57 PM.

Camo side up, Rubber side down!!
    2014 Argo 750HDI SE
    2008 Honda Rubicon, Camo
    2008 Jeep Rubicon, Black, 2 door, 6sp, 2 Warn winches.

Quote Originally Posted by 2014SE View Post
    It's definitely a case of you get what you pay for. I understand that cost will be a concern but the quality of Escargo far exceed the other brands. Take into consideration how well raised belt (Escargo) tracks stay on and the life expectancy of the track it's money well spent. Also consider how much easier a raised belt track skids when turning than a flat track design what is so much easier on the machine. Oldtuker said it was like getting power steering when he went from flat tracks to raised tracks.

If you go with flat tracks you will be happy but if you go with Escargo tracks you will be allot happier!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3Z6Ybu-LNE
    Aren't Adair Argo Tracks a raised belt track? I thought Adair and Escargo were pretty similar. Once again I have no experience with either just wanting a track that'll help me do everything I mentioned earlier.

Aren't Adair Argo Tracks a raised belt track? I thought Adair and Escargo were pretty similar. Once again I have no experience with either just wanting a track that'll help me do everything I mentioned earlier.
    looking at their website, adair has some classic tracks that are elevated 17" wide. I think the elevated track is the style to choose escargo or adair or channel tracks. But from what I can gather and my experience so far you'll want some width and also traction so you can do anything you want. If price is a big factor, and I get that, a good option might be to go with channel tracks. They're wider and have traction, and I think it was member "Old Tucker" added some aluminum and rubber paddles to the outside belt? I bet if channel tracks or escargo tracks build it with wider belts, you might not even need a winter kit. Mine is 22" wide and works well enough in the type of snow you're talking about even before adding the winter kit. Of course the extra belt works even better.

hi buzz
    great thread I wanted to know? do you buy your belting precut, and what ply do you recommend. im just getting started on a set of channel tracks iv bent a few crossers pretty easy, I also purchase some 2" cleated snowmobile tracks! with you expertise which ones would you build first. thanks mark

This is what I did to the Chanel track to give more traction in deep snow. I add a paddle to the outside and inside belts, I tell you what a big difference that made in deep soft snow.These tracks are 20 inchs wide [IMG][/IMG]

Love the paddles. I bet they do work great!

Can anyone post pictures of a Max IV with escargo tracks? I tried Google images and came up with nothing. Has any member had them on a Max IV? I would be curious to know if Chris ever sold a set of Escargos for a Max IV. Any in AK? Given the number of Max IVs sold you would think somebody would have pictures and/or experience with the Escargo on a Max IV.

Keith.

ADAIR TRACKS, WITHOUT 'EM YOUR JUST SPINNING YOUR WHEELS
    REMEMBER KIDS, THE FIRST "A" in AATV STANDS FOR AMPHIBIOUS

So I was reading another thread on 6x6 with tracks and not swimming well. Is this true? kghills you have adair tracks on your max right? Have you tried swimming? If so how fast?

So I was reading another thread on 6x6 with tracks and not swimming well. Is this true? kghills you have adair tracks on your max right? Have you tried swimming? If so how fast?
    My Max IV does swim with tracks but slowly. Here is a video of it as soon as I put the tracks on it at Adair.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8B8tsXsDf8
    Remember my Max IV has larger tires and a lifted body so may not be the best representation, however I believe the new kits from Adair also swim but again slowly.

Keith.

ADAIR TRACKS, WITHOUT 'EM YOUR JUST SPINNING YOUR WHEELS
    REMEMBER KIDS, THE FIRST "A" in AATV STANDS FOR AMPHIBIOUS

My Argo Frontier with the 14 1/2 inch Adair tracks swam about 1 1/2 MPH-not great but it got yhe job done, here is a video of the machine swimming in east Texas

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DQMbXD5IMU

+ Reply to Thread