LTV Kid 8x8

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: LTV Kid 8x8

LTV Kid 8x8

Hey guys,
    I know there's a few of us Kid owners out there, and others who really want one and need more info. I also know there is limited support in knowledge, parts, etc for these, and anything we can find helps.

A few of us have been writing back and forth and that really helps, especially with the pix. There are few websites out there with info but I just found one that recently started up and should help with our hobby. Seems to be more of these coming onto the market.

Also here's a picture of my new (2008) Hoot ETV 6x6
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Mike; 05-13-2010 at 10:30 PM. Reason: removed commercial link

Southern Comfort Kid

I got one, and lots of spare parts to

I picked up a KID 8x8 last month.
    I found it in a field next to a crawfish pond in Louisiana.
    It runs, just needs a fuel pump.

Congratulations on your find, hope the owner doesn't go back looking for it!

Southern Comfort Kid

Lol!
    I bought it for $500 from a young man that is starting college.
    He played on his grandfathers land and crawfish pond with it.

I have 2 kids in my collection-1 gas kid that was new in a barn for 40+ years with canopy and windshield ( Matt O has the other in his collection ).The other is a diesel powered with plow , canopy and windshield . There great machines built well but don't get them stuck , you will need a truck to pull you out .Most drive line parts are off the shelf you just need to search a little or figure out what other machine used them , body parts have to be made unless you find a parts machine.

I picked up my third Kid last month. It was the one listed for sale in Indiana on this site. It is a complete resto by Jeremy McCoin, but the engine lost its number 4 piston and I bought it to rebuild it and complete it to my liking. New Warn winch and plow, a really nice looking machine. The engine rebuild is a PIA. Removing the flywheel from a Wisconsin VH4D is enough to drive a man to drinking. Hope to get it finished by September and then get some tracks on it. My first two kids did not have tracks, and in Michigan snow that is a non-starter. I am talking with Chris at Beaver Dam Argo to see if he can set me up with some UHMW 18" tracks with wheel spacers. I think that is enough foot print to keep the kid from high siding and should make for a nice addition, but $$$$$$$$. Bill

+ Reply to Thread