Transmission gear problemso!

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Transmission gear problemso!

Transmission gear problemso!

I have a 1994 Max 4 that will not steer on the left hand side due to sprocket spinning free on the left side of trans. Is that a simple Bolt on part or is more serious ? Any help would be appreciated.

Sounds like it Broke inside the trans ? ( band or shaft )
    The gear is made onto the shaft so No it is not just a Bolt on repair as far as I know.
    Go to the how to section on here and you can find a Break down on the T20 to give you a better idea of what your working with.
    Hope this helps you out !

Thank you. The sprocket is slipping on the trans shaft. Was welded onto the shaft when I purchased the max 4. Thanks again.

Wedge is correct, if your sprocket is turning on the shaft, you have to tear the T20 apart to replace it or reweld it. While you are in there, check your main output shaft bearings and replace them if needed. If you have to do that in the future, that will require a complete tear down as well.

+ Reply to Thread