May Long Weekend Teaser

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: May Long Weekend Teaser

May Long Weekend Teaser

This is a quick little glimpse of my long weekend. Broken Argo's to Big Fish.
    We had alot of fun, it's just to bad we could not get more people to go on the trip with us.

The older fellow came in on his own later on Friday evening. He got himself stuck about halfway on the trail and killed his battery (Argo Stalled). It took him 4 hrs to walk to where we were. He is a diabetic, and had 2 sugar lows on the way. He had to stop and have 2 naps on the way in. He "literally" looked like a walking dead man when he finally made contact with us.
    Can you imagine walking about five miles down this trail, even when healthy??

Awesome! Looks a whole lot like my neck of the woods! I am heading up to my cabin this weekend but unfortunitely not with my argo My neighbor will have his 87 8x8 up there but my family will be stuck on quads!

That's a good one, RD. I like the hole at the beginning.. you could never tell by the camera, until you turned around and filmed the avenger coming through. That hands free camera is what it takes to capture everything.
    To Invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk. (Thomas Edison)

Quote Originally Posted by cory_Alaska View Post
    Awesome! Looks a whole lot like my neck of the woods! I am heading up to my cabin this weekend but unfortunitely not with my argo My neighbor will have his 87 8x8 up there but my family will be stuck on quads!
    lol, quads are not so bad, if nothing else they give you a better appreciation for the abilities of your Argo
    Have a good trip.
    I will also be heading back out this weekend.............I have to take parts out to rebuild the other Argo that I had to steal parts from. It will be a little bit more of a challenge for me, as I have to bring my 2 older daughters with me (5 and 3.5 yrs old). My wife is heading down to Dawson Creek (with our 8 Month old daughter) to partake in the Triathalon. Talk about having my hands full. lol

I enjoy the quads, but I have only been able to use my argo a few times and this is the perfect time of the year to be using it to get into the cabin. I think the quads are going to be a challenge!
    It's not a matter of life or death. It's much more important than that!

Smile may long weekend.......

Look on the bright side,,,,,Some quads do float......upside down.!!

Cory

did you ever get your Argo up and running?? If not, what's the status??

Dennis
    "Let's Roll" when he used to wake me up in the mornings for school in the 50's.
    My Dad, Utah Beach D-day vet, 79th Inf Div

Well, not yet! I just got the rest of the parts in over the weekend but it is going to be a while before I can get started on it. My son has to go to MN to the shriners hospital for a week and we are going to visit some relatives for another week. We fly out this fri and be back on the 20th. I am going to bust butt when I return and get it up and running. Its been killing me. We took my neighbors old industrial model 8x8 out weekend before last and had a heck of a time. He broke the right side main drive chain and then about 4 or 5 of the shear pins. Took us about 5 1/2 hours to go 8 1/2 miles out from my cabin.
    It's not a matter of life or death. It's much more important than that!

+ Reply to Thread