Changing Fluids in Argo Engine

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Changing Fluids in Argo Engine

Well crap, would you say this is a reasonable task to complete for a non mechanic? And thanks for the part number and advice. Ill definitly try and exhaust all options before replacing pump... the first is sucking fuel to the pump. Ill try again tomorrow.. somethings got to work I should be closing in on a solution thanks to all the knowledge you guys have thanks everyone it is appreciated
    Last edited by xusarmy; 02-18-2013 at 01:42 AM.

if your not getting the fuel back to the pump than your pump cant pump anything theres got to be something your just over looking, where are you located? maybe a member could come by and help you out. sometimes we cant see the trees for the forest. another set of eyes may spot problem quickly, i dont feel like this should have turned into such a project. but then again mine usually do

I'm in northern michigan, I have been insulating my garage so making time to fix the argo is tough but tomorrow ill spend a few hours on it. Hmm I don't know what I could be overlooking another set of eyes would be helpful but I doubt anyone lives up here

Yooper or Troll?

I just moved up here but damn close to being a yooper

did you get your engine running yet?

Nope not yet been trying to take some time but there's no shortage of things for me to do unfortunetly but I'm not throwing in the towel

One thing you may try is to manually blow in to the tank with the fuel line disconnected before the pump ( I think I remember the fuel filter before the pump) it would be easier if you manned the line and someone else blew in. There should be some back pressure once the fuel starts pushing and may take a couple seconds as the fuel line is 5-6 ft long once it's coming out you should be home.
    If no gas comes out and there is no back pressure or you hear air coming out it may be a broken pick up tube. That would be another page or two.

West Central Louisiana near Toledo Bend Reservoir
    Pickup tube whadya mean pickup tube?!?! Not familiar with the tank setup on argos, but I don't recall ever reading anything about a pick up tube. Is that for real, they aren't gravity fed through the bottom of the tank? If so that could explain a lot, if it has one, then you probably hit the nail dead center! You could blow the tank up like a balloon and never get a drop out if this is the case! And there is a better than good chance it could be knocked off during the draining/cleaning/drying process!
    DESTRUCTION is just a couple of vowels down the street from DISTRACTION

Well that's what I thougt when you said you stuck a hose down in the tank. Fist did you try to blow in the tank with the line disconnected and in a receptacle? If so and you have a Magnum with the tool box under the seat we'll keep going.

+ Reply to Thread