Building a 6x6 need help w/ transmisson

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Building a 6x6 need help w/ transmisson

Building a 6x6 need help w/ transmisson

Hi guys I am going to build a 6x6 .Here is a little background as to why .Well I have build 4x4 trucks ,snowmoible powered mini buggies,and a lot of 4 wheeler but after I get done building them there is always something it is lacking they are either to wide or to long not enough ground clearance can't cross water .So I was talking to my friend and thinking about what to build next and I thought why not a 6x6 .So I came up with a plan about what to build so I thought a all aluminum 6x6 would be prefect with 27-28in. tires and 617cc rotax engine that is 120hp .So my question to you guys is what transmission would you recommend for my 6x6 I live in Ohio and it is a lot of tight trails and water and mud. Thanks and I am loving the site and to get to know you guys.

T 20
    Kevin Hough
    TREBMASTER
    (____>
    .OOO

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by trebmaster View Post
    T 20

Could you guys tell me how they work are they skid steer Thanks

yes and thear is a full break down in the how to section on this web site
    Kevin Hough
    TREBMASTER
    (____>
    .OOO

They are bullet proof and have heard of them behind pinto engines and geo 1.0l and who knows what else. They can take a lot of horse power. Skid steer with Driven clutch input and outputs shafts sprockets on each side. Forward, neutral reverse on each side also. easy to convert.

Thanks that sounds great

T-20 all the way +3

The best amphibious AATV transmission ever built, hands down. Originally developed and produced by Borg Warner.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

brandon81,

Another good thing to consider when using a T-20 for a transmission for any amphibious project , is that it houses two separate transmissions in one common housing. This is a really good feature to have in a transmission , because it gives you the option of turning one bank of wheels in one direction , and the opposite bank of wheels in the other direction. This unique feature become VERY handy when ever you find yourself in a tricky trail situation that you " can,t " skid steer out of.

West Central Louisiana near Toledo Bend Reservoir
    T-20 Tee twenty TEE 20 However you want to spell it T/20 is the way to go.

+ Reply to Thread