Need help bad!

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need help bad!

Need help bad!

How in the heck do you remove the clutch from the engine??? I removed the nut in the front and it looks like there is a threaded stud all down the middle of the shaft, I also removed the three case bolts and popped the cover with the spring off now I'm stuck?

I'm not sure which ATV, engine or clutch you have but most of them are the same. The clutch slides onto the shaft and is typically keyed. That keeps the clutch spinning with the shaft. Then, there is a single bolt that goes through the end of the clutch and screws into the engine's shaft to hold it in place. To remove the CVT you remove the bolt that goes into the engine shaft and, in theory, can just pull the clutch off. It's rarely that simple though as the clutch often gets corrosion, dirt, rust, etc that holds it to the shaft. You can tap on the back of the clutch with a piece of wood or even use a little leverage with a screwdriver. Just don't go wild and damage the clutch. If it still doesn't come off, post back with some more information.

Ok I have an 198- hustler 980 bigfoot and I'm having clutch pully problems
    Such as when engine revs both clutches open and I move nowhere ,
    I know that the clutch on the engine opens , but the one on my t20 tranny why would it open and what should I do ?
    I've yet to drive it and have been patiently waiting 3mnths now .. Please help . Thank you and god bless.

If both clutches open because of the belt acting upon them then maybe the transmistion is in neutral?
    I suggest this based upon the fact the secondary clutch can not open on its own unless the belt is pulling through it ( both clutches open).
    Actually, the engine clutch (primary) closes and the secondary opens. Does your primary clutch close with throttle?
    Stand for the Flag. Kneel for the Cross.

+ Reply to Thread