O-ring Spacing on T20 Plungers

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: O-ring Spacing on T20 Plungers

O-ring Spacing on T20 Plungers

Does anyone know offhand the distance between the two grooves? I would like to add the second groove to the plungers on the two t-20's i'm currently rebuilding. Thanks.
    Joe.

Does anyone have a dual o-ring plunger handy to scale the distance between the grooves. Not looking for 3 decimals, just 1/4", 3/8",1/2". Thanks.
    Joe.

Joe

Just measured mine. Looks like the center distance is .2 inches or 5mm.

Mike
    "Don't worry my Dad's a TV repairman, he has an excellent set of tools..I can fix It"

Thanks Mike, I figured someone,somewhere did a little research on the placement and was certainly open to their "suggestions". My quess was way off (1/2").Thanks again. By the way,did you ever get any input on the fuel nipples you recently inquired about?
    Joe.

Yes

Don reminded me that the engine originally came with oil injection. So the one on the carb throat is for a primer and the one on the intake is for oil injection. I'm going to use premix so I'll just plug the injection one. If you need more measurements let me know. I have a t-20 apart right now waiting on relined bands.

Mike
    "Don't worry my Dad's a TV repairman, he has an excellent set of tools..I can fix It"

Thanks for the offer,Mike. I have 2 of them apart now,waiting on some xtra$$$ to get 4 bands re-lined. Then,short of dealing with the brake discs on the t-20 output shafts,I should have all thats req'd to get my Attex on the trail for spring 2011. Thought this would be an oppertune time to inexpensively upgrade to dual o-ring plungers.

Joe.

Oh,and by the way, do you have Transmission Crafters re-lining the bands?

Joe.

Yes I have them at transmission crafters. I'll give a full report when they get back to me. Jay the owner seems real nice on the phone. He said they used to line the new ones for Borg Warner but lost the account at some point and welcome as many as we can send him . I think he said BW took the band service in-house at some point. Hopefully their stuff is quality. Time will tell...
    Last edited by micmac; 12-02-2010 at 02:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by micmac
    He said they used to line the new ones for Borg Warner but lost the account at some point and welcomes as many as we can send him .

micmac

So I guess its safe to assume that transmission crafters knows the exact same thickness to reline the used bands that you send them?

Yes Jay said he knew the factory new specs and even the color to use.

+ Reply to Thread