T-20 wont shift

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: T-20 wont shift

T-20 wont shift

JUST TRYED TO BACK MY ATTEX OUT OF GARAGE,I COULDNT GET IT BACK INTO FORWARD-TRYED USING A SCREW DRIVER ,REVING A LITTLE THEN ENGAGING NO LUCK,HELP WHAT SHOULD I LOOK FOR?

not sure what the weather is doing in PA right now... you may just have some moisture down in the bores that the shifters go in and it has frozen.
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Well today 56 deg so warm i did have tbl shifting out of reverse but i thing the diamonds were pushed back to far but now i couldnt shift out of reverse than a persuaded it with a screwdriver now it seems stuck in one side in drive and the other not i dont know...

first thing to try would be spraying some lube down in the shifter bores. if that doesn't get it moving freely, pull the diamond shifters out and see if you can move the shift collars manually. (use a screwdriver to try to move them in each direction. your shift pins may just be worn to the point where they are allowing the diamonds to travel too far and bind the linkage. on the older t-20's the shifters were held in with a snap ring under the diamond. that ring is a royal PITA to remove. i just bend the end with a screwdriver then tear it out with needle nose pliers, then replace the ring when going back together.
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Sounds like a plan ill try it tomorrow after work.ill let you know thanks

Shift pins??

On my other post with all the help of this forum i found my pins in the shifter are d shaped and should be round.my question is besides richard at route 6x6 $35 ea replacement is their any were else to just get the pins,and can they be replaced??
    Last edited by Mike; 12-19-2010 at 09:12 PM. Reason: merged two similar threads on the same topic

Well i found the pins are worn they are d shaped.now can just the pin be replaced or do i have to buy new ones at route 6x6 for $35 each??

you can replace just the pins. they are about $5-8 from recreative. put the diamond in a vice, remove the O-ring, heat the barrel of the shifter with a propane torch, grab the pin with vice grips and twist/ yank it out. if the other side of the pin is in good shape you can just flip it over and reuse. i install mine with a drop of red loctite
    Last edited by racerone3; 12-19-2010 at 11:33 AM.

R.I. sells the pins, I think they are $2.50 each. but they can be hard to get out.
    There was a post a while back with another source, if I remember right they were $15 per 100........who needs 100????? Maybe somebody who bought the 100 would sell a few.
    I wouldn't mind having a couple spares myself.

West Central Louisiana near Toledo Bend Reservoir
    Is this the thread you're thinking about?
    http://www.6x6world.com/forums/trans...ness-test.html
    Hope this helps, good source for rod ends also, for hooking up all those linkages. I also ordered a 3/8"fine thread left hand die, by having this handy item combined with the standard right hand fine die you can build your own adjustable linkages.

+ Reply to Thread