Rotar Catching Flywheel

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rotar Catching Flywheel

Rotar Catching Flywheel

I just went for a ride and when I got back I heard a bit of a whining/grinding. Looks like my clutch is rubbing on the rotor. Is this adjustable or do I have a major issue? Thanks
    Last edited by utah; 09-01-2017 at 04:01 PM.

What machine do you have? When you say the clutch is rubbing the rotor, is that the brake rotor on your ATV or are you calling the flywheel the rotor?

1996 vanguard 6x6. And I mean the actual brake rotor. You can see some wear on the side of the clutch

Check the clutch buttons first, then check that the snapring is in place, check the manual as there are spacers available, lastly I'd suspect the clutch bushing is wore which will allow the inner face to wobble.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

I've never worked on clutches much, but got home from work last night and had a look. You're right on, the clutch buttons are worn down and there is play between the backside of clutch and them, causing it too catch rotor. I can pull it tight/closer to pukka by hand. I'm guessing that means the clutch retaining ring is gone/broken? Does the whole clutch assembly have to come off to rebuild it?

I had a neighbour today show me an old parts machine in his field. Serial number looks like it's a 1985 eight wheeled machine. The clutch looks the same, does anybody know if it will work for my 97 Vanguard 6 x 6?

The model on parts machine is TB3485. I found the TB in parts manual but not that number
    Last edited by utah; 09-02-2017 at 02:25 PM.

Take a picture of it. I do not believe so. There is a manual on the home page to repair your clutch, new buttons and new bushing will freshen it right up. The snap ring I was informing you of only holds the clutch together and should be visible while in the machine.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

+ Reply to Thread