Fuel problem

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fuel problem

Fuel problem

Hey guys ,

I need some advice, my Terra jet has clean carb new plug new gas line but won't stay primed or continue to run , not sure what else I need to check . Any and all help wanted

Need more info, ie engine, fuel pump, etc..

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

It has a tecumseh oh160, no fuel pump , carbureted and about a 8 foot gas line from tank to carb

Well I believe it needs a fuel pump as the carb is probably tank level with an oh160 maybe higher. Some oh160s had a pump on the carb about the size of a small stick match box (nla), if not I'd get a mikuni style pump which will need a pulse line, the pulse line was generally located about halfway up the block where a plug may be.
    OH160s also had 2 types of main jets, a bolt style plug holding the bowl on or an adjustable jet holding the bowl on, if adjustable try it at about 1-1/2 turns first and the you can go out if need be. The adjustable needle controlled how much fuel was allowed to flow through the jet with too much resulting an the black/rich mixture. The other higher mounted needle is the idle jet.

Try jacking up the front of the machine about 1-2' and IN Nuetral or with the belt off, if the machine will stay running at throttle I'd say needs a fuel pump as 8 feet of fuel line is a ways which would need a good gravity feed. Or if you have a mower or sled with a fuel pump try borrowing it, remember to hook up a pulse line which I believe is a 1/8npt hose barb.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

I don't seem to have that on the motor so i ordered one I'll try jacking up the front to see if anything changes

You can also try using a baby bottle with gas in it, that will allow you to prime the carb. Once primed, these things tend to run. I added an old boat sqeeze type pump off a marine fuel tank to an Attex I had a few years back and that set up never failed me.

+ Reply to Thread