T-20 shift kit

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: T-20 shift kit

T-20 shift kit

Anyone use the shift kit that Richard Clark sells for the t-20.

That shift kit is a copy of Hustler's original design. On my Hustler, the springs do help with the shifting because there is quite a bit of linkage and shift mechanisms on the machine. Basically, the springs give you that extra leverage or "kick" to get the T-20 to switch gears.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Thanks for the response jpswift1. Maybe I will give them a try.

I ordered a shift kit for my Max IV about a month ago , and it made a BIG difference in the ease of shifting into foward or reverse. Just a little jggle on the shift lever ,and it easily goes into foward or reverse. No more rocking back and forth like I used to. This was money well spent. It works so well ,this should be on every Max Recreatives sells.

Thanks again mudbug3. It is always good to find out that it works before you buy something.

I ordered a shift kit for the RI Buffalo and WOW! What a difference! Shifting used to be a delicate dance between rocking the machine and moving the shifting lever. Now shifting is extremely smooth and easy. I agree with mudbug3 that the shift kit is money well spent.

How much money was well spent ?

[QUOTE : How much money was well spent ?

liflod ,

I think the price I paid was $79.95 ,and with shipping it came to around $83.35 . It now shifts better than new. I really like the way it goes into foward or reverse . Trying to change into foward or reverse , before the easy shift kit , was an exercize in frustration. Like I posted , this was money well spent.

mudbug,

Is the shift kit the two springs on either side of the shifting linkage? or is there more to it than that?

Mike

[QUOTE ]

Is the shift kit the two springs on either side of the shifting linkage? or is there more to it than that?

Imagine two round steel rods , each one shaped like an L , and about 3/8" thick . The straight part of each L shaped rod is about 6-7 inches long , and the short part of each L shaped rod , is about 2 inches long . Each L shaped rod has two washers with two springs, with small holes on each end for a cotter pin .

+ Reply to Thread