Company Trail Ride

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Company Trail Ride

Company Trail Ride

Yesterday I loaded up to take the 6 wheeler about 50 miles south to a company ATV ride. They had a mud bog that I was sure I could win plus I could really promote 6x6's and the site.

I haven't had a chance to take the Max out since I replaced everything so I was pumped for the past two weeks about going! I checked the fluid levels, oiled and tightened chains, went out and bought a helmet, charged up the cameras, gassed up the Max and headed out yesterday morning. After getting a little lost I finally arrived and paid my $10 to get in the door.

This place (TNT Motorsports in Chester, SC) is really geared towards motocross riders with several tracks but it also has a mud pit and about 8 miles of trails for ATVs. At the entrance to every trail was a gate that was as wide as the most narrow point along the trail. To my dismay every trail was only 52" wide. So I couldn't even go riding and the mud bog was located in the middle of one of the trails so I couldn't go there either. I didn't even take the Max off the trailer. I just turned around and came home

Uggghhh!

Go back tonite, now that you know where it is, & widen those post a couple inches. Absolute,bummer.

Whipper,

There is a problem with going back after it gets dark , and making the gate wider. What happens if Mike goes back to this same atv park and some one sees him pass through the gate , and knows he could not pass through it the last time he went there? What happens if farther down the trail, Mile is confronted with another gate intersecting another trail ? What will he do then ? Most of the state run trails now only allow 4-wheelers that are 50 inches wide and not over 600 pds.

Quote Originally Posted by mudbug3 View Post
    Whipper,

There is a problem with going back after it gets dark , and making the gate wider. What happens if Mike goes back to this same atv park and some one sees him pass through the gate , and knows he could not pass through it the last time he went there? What happens if farther down the trail, Mile is confronted with another gate intersecting another trail ? What will he do then ? Most of the state run trails now only allow 4-wheelers that are 50 inches wide and not over 600 pds.
    MUDBUG, I was only kidding. It was a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by whipper-ag View Post
    Go back tonite, now that you know where it is, & widen those post a couple inches. Absolute,bummer.
    I like the way you think Whipper! Just call me dozer

Why dont you try Gulches orv park! They are in Laurens SC. The park is built for 4x4's (JEEPS) You will have a blast, there are about 35 trails, a huge mud pit, and I have requested that the atv trails be cut wide enugh for my Argo! I'm friends with the owner, and he's a great guy, and it's a great place to ride.
    Gulches OffÂ*Road Vehicle Park

I will let you know the next time I go. Maybe we can meet-up!
    Jeff
    02 Argo Bigfoot

I never get lost : I take expeditions!
    I'm guided by the Magic 8 Ball.

Sounds good!

BTW: He's got about a 2acre pond, that's not on the trails, but he lets me play in it! Guess it's because I'm the only one that can so far!
    Jeff
    02 Argo Bigfoot

I never get lost : I take expeditions!
    I'm guided by the Magic 8 Ball.

+ Reply to Thread